Skillchain’s ICO was initially scheduled to begin on May 11. However, the team recently announced that the main (and final) phase of the ICO has been postponed.
According to the website, the public token sale will take place during either the third or fourth quarter of 2018.
Apparently the team wants to focus on developing the platform further before raising more money, following a successful ICO pre-sale which took place last month.
See Facebook post below for more info:
iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSkillchain%2Fposts%2F1932300553467496%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="661" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media">
What is Skillchain?
Skillchain aims to build a world where individuals who stand out singularly for their abilities, track records and completed academic curricula are duly rewarded. It allows companies to easily find suitable talent without spending hundreds (if not thousands!) on recruitment agencies. Additionally, Skillchain threatens to put an end to the problem of people lying about their qualifications on their CVs. With Skillchain, all data is verified and incorruptible because the platform uses innovative blockchain technology.
What Skillchain says
- Skillchain is the ultimate Protocol that can comprehensively certify at 100% all past and present experiences of people
- Skillchain allows academic education institutions around the world to interact quickly and easily, certifying students' career paths, the qualifications they earned and exams they took
- Skillchain allows to bring clarity to the job world by making sure that candidates' resumes are not merely based on self-declarations, but are the result of certified and swift interactions with the institutions they come from
- Skillchain’s goal is to globalize the Life Skill Passport, through which everyone will get a personal profile which certifies their academic credentials, participation in non-academic training courses, their skills, previous work experience and recommendations received
- It will be user-friendly, quickly accessible, and subject to the profile owner's desire for privacy
- Ever piece of information will be imprinted in the Blockchain, the 100% decentralized and meritocratic place