Thinking of investing in the stock market but not sure where to start? We have the answer for you right here.
Key course lessons
- What are stock types?
- How do different investment strategies impact the stock types you choose?
- How does the relative size of each stock type affect your investment decisions?
- How do market conditions affect different stock types?
- How does the quality of different types of stock affect your investment outcomes?
- What do different sectors mean for an investor’s stock type preferences?
Main course takeaways
- Evaluate the pros and cons of different stock types and hone your investment strategy accordingly
- Review different stock types based on size
- Consider different stock types based on prevailing market conditions
- Assess different stock types based on the quality of investment they offer
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of different stock types based on their sector
Because the Stock Types course is catered to beginners, there are no major prerequisites required for you to start learning. You can come into this course knowing very little about the market and still grow to understand everything there is to know about all different types of stock. However, it would certainly help somewhat taking the Stock Markets 101 course first.
More about this course
Our Stock Types course will break it all down for you so you have a full overview of the different types of stocks you can invest in, and the advantages and drawbacks of each one.
Part of our free stock market education series, this Stock Types course provides in-depth investor education that’s also simple to follow, even if you’re brand new to stock investing. We use easy-to-understand language and important details to bring you up to speed on how to jump into stock investing, by giving you a complete view of the different stock types available to trade. These easily digestible lessons will help you understand the meaning and importance of key investing concepts.