Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Ways to invest in Basic Attention Token
The first thing you need to do is sign up with an online cryptocurrency broker or an exchange platform. Those are the best places to get your own coins, or trade CFDs to try to predict how their price is going to move.
If you want to go a different route, keep reading to find our more about your other options. The links below take you to individual pages which explain different investing approaches.
What is Basic Attention Token?
Basic Attention Token tracks the amount of time that users spend on various websites using the Brave web browser. BAT is designed to more efficiently distribute revenue to advertisers by eliminating middlemen and fraud. Launched in 1997, BAT can be bought as an investment vehicle like Bitcoin or Ethereum, although it boasts a far more modest price and less name recognition than these more established cryptocurrencies.
How to invest in Basic Attention Token
Despite its relatively new status and limited reach, you can still buy BAT in multiple different ways. You should read through them and decide which one is the best fit for your goals before you start.
- Cryptocurrency brokers. An online broker is the simplest way to invest in cryptocurrency. As BAT is a relatively small coin, it might be hard to find a broker that offers it. Make sure you check before signing up, and pick a broker with competitive transaction fees.
- Exchange platforms. An exchange offers a much wider range of coins and more ways to swap between them. Some exchanges will allow you to buy BAT directly, while others will require you to go via more popular cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin first, then trade it for BAT on the exchange. Pick the exchange that makes the most sense for you, based on convenience and ease of use.
- Investment trusts. An investment trust is a closed-end investment strategy popular in the UK that lets you hold a variety of different assets. If you want to use one of these to gain exposure to crypto, look for a trust that includes the widest range of coins.
- Debit cards. You can use cryptocurrency to fund a plastic or virtual debit card and make purchases online with the card. This type of card is becoming increasingly popular, with more providers letting you spend more and more coins, and more merchants accepting them.
- Smartphone apps. You can trade Basic Attention Token on your mobile phone with a variety of cryptocurrency apps. Look for an app that offers access to ‘altcoins’ – which are smaller coins than the big guns of Bitcoin and Ethereum. Nowadays you can manage your coins from anywhere through your phone.
- Crypto wallets. A wallet lets you store your coins securely behind a private key that’s unique to you. This is the best place to keep your coins if you’re planning to hold them for a long time, and increasingly these platforms are adding integrated exchanges that let you trade from within the wallet itself.
Where can I buy Basic Attention Token now?
Latest Basic Attention Token price analysis
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >