Accuracy is our number one priority. Our editors constantly review content across Invezz, ensuring all information is up-to-date and maintained where necessary. Read more about our fact-checking process >
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >
Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Invest in Bitcoin Gold
Ways to invest in Bitcoin Gold
The best way get started with Bitcoin Gold is to sign up with an online broker or a cryptocurrency exchange. There you can buy and sell coins, either holding the coins directly or by using CFDs to predict price movements.
The links below teach you about both methods, and introduce other ways of gaining exposure to a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin Gold.
What is Bitcoin Gold?
Bitcoin Gold is a cryptocurrency that was a hard fork from the original Bitcoin, spinning off in 2017. The developers who started Bitcoin Gold wanted to start a new cryptocurrency that would be more democratic, in that the largest crypto mining operations wouldn’t reap the vast majority of the benefits.
How to invest in Bitcoin Gold
There are lots of different ways to gain exposure to cryptocurrency and it’s a good idea to get to know them all before you choose what’s best for you. Here’s a list of methods you can use:
- Broker platforms. Buying through an online broker is a fast and easy way to get a piece of Bitcoin Gold. The best brokers offer superior customer service, an intuitive trading platform, and affordable transaction fees.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges. Numerous different crypto exchanges will allow you to buy, sell, and trade Bitcoin Gold. Look for a reputable exchange that executes transactions seamlessly and securely and allows you to trade a variety of different cryptos.
- Trusts and funds. An investment trust is a closed-end investment strategy that UK investors can use to get a variety of different assets. Increasingly, there are trusts that include cryptocurrency as one of the assets and you can look around to see if any have bought up Bitcoin Gold.
- Debit cards. A crypto debit card is a method of purchase that allows you to make purchases online instantly using your coins. These tend to be available only for the largest, most popular cryptocurrencies.
- Crypto apps. The momentum seen among cryptocurrencies has spawned many new cryptocurrency apps. These let you do things like borrow, lend, or invest your coins, along with many other features.
- Wallets. With a wallet you can store and track your coins securely. If convenience matters to you, look for a crypto wallet that serves as many purposes as possible.