In page navigation
- 1. How & where to buy BitTorrent (BTT) online
- 2. How to buy BitTorrent instantly in 3 simple steps
- 3. Where to buy BTT easily
- 4. Best exchanges to buy BitTorrent (BTT), reviewed
- 5. How to trade BTT
- 6. What is the best way to pay for BitTorrent (BTT)?
- 7. How do I store BitTorrent (BTT)?
- 8. Is BitTorrent (BTT) a good investment?
- 9. Is now a good time to buy BitTorrent?
- 10. FAQs
How & where to buy BitTorrent (BTT) online
Trade your favourite markets with our top-rated broker,. 10/10
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
BitTorrent tokens are available on a cryptocurrency exchange, which functions similar to a stock trading platform. It takes just a few minutes to buy BitTorrent this way. Follow our quick step guide below.
How to buy BitTorrent instantly in 3 simple stepsCopy link to section
To buy BitTorrent, you need a smartphone or a computer and an internet connection. It takes 10-15 minutes the first time and you should have some photo ID to hand. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1. Sign up to KuCoinCopy link to section
Step 2. Make a depositCopy link to section
Add funds via a card payment, bank transfer or an alternative payment method. You can start with as little as £10.
Step 3. Buy BitTorrent tokenCopy link to section
Type BTT into the search box then click ‘trade’. Enter how much money you want to spend and hit ‘trade now’.
Now you own BitTorrent tokens! It’s as simple as that.
Where to buy BTT easilyCopy link to section
The overall best exchange to buy BitTorrent token for beginners is KuCoin . BitTorrent is also available on lots of other cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here are the top three places to buy BitTorrent, ranked according to their simplicity for beginners, fees, customer reviews, and safety ratings.
Read more about how we rate, rank and review platforms.
Best exchanges to buy BitTorrent (BTT), reviewedCopy link to section
1. KuCoin. Best social trading altcoin exchange
Pros & Cons
We love KuCoin because it;s a great place for beginners to trade more than 700 altcoins. KuCoin is a social trading platform with 20+ million investors worldwide in 200+ countries.
KuCoin’s beginner zone offers up rewards up to $500 for new users. The rest of the platform has plenty of features for the crypto enthusiast: a staking service to earn money on your stored crypto, an NFT marketplace, and margin trading features to buy leveraged tokens.
The fees: Trading fees are charged on a sliding scale. Fees are 0.1% on trading volumes below 50 BTC in a 30 day period. Discounts are available if you pay fees in KCS or store more than 1000 KCS in your account.
How to trade BTTCopy link to section
You can trade BitTorrent on a cryptocurrency exchange using a few simple steps. Here’s a quick example that clearly lays out how BTT crypto trading works:
- Monitor the price: Let’s say the price of BTT/USDT is $1. You read the price charts and decide that now is a good time to start purchasing BTT.
- Open a trade: You trade one USDT for one BTT ($1 for 1 BTT).
- Continue to monitor the price: The next day, one BTT token is now worth $2, a 100% increase.
- Close your trade: You trade your BTT token back to USDT for $2.
In this example, you buy and sell BitTorrent, doubling your money (trading). While the steps are simple, executing them in a profitable way takes more work. You need to spend many hours learning to trade, reading charts, patterns, and understanding markets and margin trading; which you can do right here on Invezz.com.
What is the best way to pay for BitTorrent (BTT)?Copy link to section
The simplest way to buy BitTorrent cryptocurrency is with your bank card. However, there are plenty of other options as well. Here are some of the top ways to pay for BTT.
- Buy BitTorrent with a credit card or debit card. Card payments are convenient and instantaneous but you may have to pay a higher fee to make a deposit this way. Binance charges 1.8% for a card deposit and some platforms charge as much as 4%.
- Buy BitTorrent with bank transfer. A bank transfer is usually the cheapest way to buy crypto. Crypto platforms like Crypto.com and Coinbase do not charge for bank transfer deposits, while Binance only charges a £1 fee, and these transactions are more or less instant as they run through the Faster Payments System (FPS).
- Buy BitTorrent with PayPal. Some crypto brokers accept deposits via PayPal. eToro is the best option because it doesn’t charge a fee for PayPal deposits, whereas the charge can be as high as 5% or more with other platforms.
- Alternative payment methods. Crypto brokers often let you pay with other providers or money transfer services, like Neteller, Venmo, or Payoneer. The options vary by broker, so check what’s accepted before signing up.
How do I store BitTorrent (BTT)?Copy link to section
Most people keep their crypto on the exchange they used to buy it. If you only plan to hold onto it for a little while then that’s a perfectly acceptable option. If you want to hold it for years or you own a lot of BitTorrent then you should move it to a crypto wallet.
A crypto exchange is similar to a bank account, in that it means trusting a company to protect your funds for you. A wallet is like your personal wallet, or a safe, where you take responsibility for it yourself. Two of the best BitTorrent wallets to use are MetaMask and the Ledger Nano S.
Is BitTorrent (BTT) a good investment?Copy link to section
Whether it’s good for you depends on your goals and the fundamentals of the project. Here are some key features of BitTorrent and its token to help you decide whether to invest in BTT.
- BitTorrent decentralises file sharing. BitTorrent is a decentralised file-sharing platform that eliminates the need for a central body to control access to files. Instead, users can download files directly from each other, allowing for faster and more efficient file transfers.
- BTT tokens provide incentives for users to host files. To solve the problem of demand far outstripping supply, BitTorrent introduces incentives for users to host files in BTT tokens. This helps to ensure that there is always a sufficient number of file hosts, making it easier for users to access the files they need.
- Investment prospects for BTT depend on demand for file sharing and success in other areas like file storage. The investment prospects for BTT largely depend on the need for file sharing and the success of BitTorrent’s other ventures, like file storage. However, there is more competition in the file storage market, and BitTorrent has a different level of name recognition in that area, which could impact its long-term prospects.
- Keep an eye on potential additions to the BitTorrent platform. As Justin Sun now owns BitTorrent, it’s important to stay informed of any statements or announcements he may make regarding the platform. Similarly, keeping an eye out for potential additions to the BitTorrent file-sharing apparatus is important.
Use this quick summary of pros and cons to compare BitTorrent with other, similar projects.
ProsCopy link to section
- Earn BTT rewards just for hosting files
- You can use BTT to for perks on the platform, like extra speeds, bandwidth, or file storage
- It’s backed by Justin Sun, founder of Tron and a big player in crypto
- BTT is an inexpensive entry level coin
Ultimately, many different factors play into the answer. Cryptocurrency is inherently volatile but you can reduce the risks by investing in quality projects that provide value to the community.
How has BitTorrent (BTT) performed this year?Copy link to section
The current BitTorrent price today is $0.000659, which is 99.62% below its all time high of $0.013, which it reached on 05 April, 2021, . BTT is up 10.94% this year, with a 52 week high of $0.002676 and a 52 week low of $0.0003707.
Is now a good time to buy BitTorrent?Copy link to section
The answer depends on the current price and your own investment goals. Simply put, buying BitTorrent, selling BitTorrent, and trading BTT are the same processes. It’s really just your personal investing intentions that defines whether now is a good time to invest or not.
- If you’re a trader: as a cryptocurrency trader, your goal is to make money trading regularly. What do we mean by regularly? Hourly, daily, weekly. Traders buy and sell a coin quickly to secure their profit (or to avoid a loss). They don’t #hodl that coin long term in the hopes of larger profits. In this sense, any time is a good time to buy BitTorrent.
- As a long-term investor: a long term investor is not concerned if the price is up or down 10% on any given day. Rather, they care that the price of the native token is overall up months or years later, when they’re ready to sell that investment. So if you’re a firm believer in the foundations of BitTorrent and its decentralised aggregator platform, then a good time to purchase BitTorrent is on any major dip.
In our experience, most newcomers to the crypto market sit between the two. You don’t want to wait several years for a return, but buying BitTorrent and selling it the next day probably isn’t why you’re here either.
Regardless, closely following BTT price news & analysis will help you decide when to pull the trigger:
Latest BitTorrent newsCopy link to section
Altcoins to watch in December 2023 – Optimism (OP) and BitTorrent (BTT)
How Tron’s Justin Sun built a crypto empire and a ‘$1.3 billion’ net worth
BitTorrent (BTT) goes parabolic as Tron (TRX) hits key milestone
TRON partners with BitTorrent Chain for the TRON Grand Hackathon 2022
BitTorrent (BTT) makes slight gains as 28% of the BTTOLD token supply is burned
BitTorrent (BTT) makes slight gains amidst redenomination plan
FAQsCopy link to section
The highest-rated exchange to buy BitTorrent is Pancakeswap. However, you can purchase BTT crypto tokens on any of the platforms listed above in our comparison table.
To create an account on any regulated cryptocurrency exchange, you will need:
- A mobile or laptop device
- An internet connection
- Email address and/or phone number
- Photo ID to verify the account
- A method to deposit & withdraw funds, like a bank card or PayPal
Once you’ve set up an account, you can start buying BitTorrent.
No, BitTorrent is not available on Coinbase
No, BTT is not available on Binance.
No, eToro does not have BitTorrent available.
You can store your BTT tokens in a dedicated BitTorrent wallet; however, any cryptocurrency wallet will be sufficient. You can also keep your tokens on the exchange where you buy them.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >