Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Ways to invest in Cosmos
The best option is to sign up with a cryptocurrency broker or cryptocurrency exchange and buy some coins. Then you can decide whether to trade them quickly or hold onto them in a wallet for the long term depending on your goals and timeframe for seeing returns.
There are other ways to invest too. The links below direct you to individual pages which provide more details on how to navigate the process.
What is Cosmos?
Cosmos is a cryptocurrency generated by the Cosmos network, which enables the exchange of tokens, data, and other assets between different blockchains. It’s one of a number of different platforms that is trying to create an ‘alternative internet’, and the coin is known as ATOM.
How to invest in Cosmos
There are lots of ways to invest in cryptocurrency and below you’ll find a list of approaches that you can use to get started with Cosmos. It’s a good idea to read through them so you know what’s available to you and can make an informed decision about which works best for you.
- Broker platforms. A crypto broker is a fast and easy way to get your hands on some coins. Look for a broker that offers strong customer service, an easy-to-use trading platform, and low transaction fees.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges. An exchange offers a much wider range of coins than a broker and lets you swap between them. To get Cosmos, you’ll often need to start with a larger cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum first, then exchange those coins for Cosmos. Look for a secure, reputable exchange that allows you to trade numerous different cryptocurrencies.
- Trusts and funds. Lots of big name investment funds now include cryptocurrency in their portfolios. Generally, this means they hold Bitcoin, but as the market grows they’re likely to add other coins as well. A trust or a fund can be a good way of gaining some exposure to crypto without having to make the decisions yourself.
- Debit cards. Crypto debit cards let you spend your coins online like you would with any fiat currency (like GBP or USD). You can hold a variety of coins in an account and use the card with any merchant that accepts crypto payments. This is becoming more widespread and it’s a good idea to check regularly to see which new merchants have added crypto to their approved payments.
- Mobile apps. The boom in crypto prices has led to an explosion in the number of crypto apps that allow you to invest in cryptocurrencies, including Cosmos. An app offers the convenience of using your mobile phone to invest in crypto.
- Crypto wallets. A wallet is a piece of software that lets you store, track, send, and receive your Cosmos coins securely. They hold your coins behind a unique private key that only you have access to and come with varying degrees of security.
Where can I buy Cosmos now?
Latest Cosmos price analysis
Fact-checking & references
Our editors fact-check all content to ensure compliance with our strict editorial policy. The information in this article is supported by the following reliable sources.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >