Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Dash (DASH) - All you need to know
Ways to invest in Dash
Perhaps the fastest and easiest way to start is by signing up to a crypto exchange or broker. Once you have created and verified your account, you should be able to fund your trades with fiat currency, and some platforms even allow you to use a different cryptocurrency. Before you commit to a platform, it is important to make sure it supports Dash.
There are many other ways to get involved, such as by using a crypto app, or even an investment trust, and these are becoming increasingly popular as the crypto market becomes more mainstream. The following links take you to the individual pages that explain each way to invest in detail.
What is Dash?
Dash is a cryptocurrency that was forked from the Bitcoin protocol in 2014. Also known as Darkcoin, Dash allows users to make untraceable transactions.
How to invest in Dash
When investing in Dash, there are a large number of approaches you can take. However, before you implement any kind of strategy, make sure you understand blockchain technology because this is crucial to understanding the value of cryptocurrencies. Each of the below methods vary in suitability based on the individual investor, so make sure your choice can satisfy your investment needs.
- Trading coins with a broker. A crypto broker is the best and simplest way to get some Dash coins. With so many brokers to choose from, look for a broker that offers strong customer service, an easy-to-use trading platform, and low transaction fees.
- Buying coins on an exchange. Thinks of these as large marketplaces for cryptocurrencies. Similar to many other altcoins, it’s often necessary to get a larger cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum first, then exchange those coins for Dash. Look for a secure, reputable exchange that lets you trade numerous different cryptocurrencies, big and small.
- Cryptocurrency trusts. UK investors can use an investment trust as a closed-end investment strategy to own different types of investment assets. A Dash trust lets you invest in different cryptocurrencies, including Dash.
- Debit cards. With a Dash debit card, you can make purchases online instantly, using Dash currency to fund the card. On the downside, crypto debit cards are far from universally accepted, so you may still be limited in where you can use your Dash card.
- Cryptocurrency apps. The boom in crypto prices has fueled a big jump in the number of crypto apps that allow you to invest in cryptocurrencies. A Dash app offers the convenience of using your mobile phone to buy, sell, and trade crypto.
- Crypto wallets. A Dash wallet is a piece of software that lets you store, track, send, and receive Dash coins quickly and securely. Many crypto wallets have expanded their range of functionality, aiming to be your one-stop-shop for all things cryptocurrency. In addition, hardware wallets are now popular because they allow users to store their coins completely offline and away from the threat of online attacks.
Where can I buy Dash now?
Latest Dash price analysis
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >