Ways to invest in Dogecoin
If you’re looking for the simplest ways to invest in Dogecoin, sign up with a cryptocurrency broker or an exchange. There you can buy, hold, or trade coins, depending on how quickly you want to see returns.
To go in a different direction, you can invest through a crypto app, an investment trust, or various other methods. The links below take you to individual pages which show you how to navigate the process.
What is Dogecoin?
Dogecoin is a cryptocurrency that was released in 2013 as a nod to the popular “Doge” meme that includes a picture of a skeptical Shiba Inu dog. Though nowhere near the money-maker that its larger crypto counterparts are, you can still trade Dogecoin on numerous exchanges.
How to invest in Dogecoin
There are lots of different ways to buy coins or gain exposure to them. You can buy them yourself, trade CFDs to speculate on price, or even buy into an established fund that has coins in its portfolio. Here are all of the top ways to invest:
- Broker platforms. A crypto broker enables you to invest in Dogecoin in a fast and easy way. Look for an online crypto broker that offers great customer service, an easy-to-use trading platform, and low transaction fees.
- Crypto exchanges. To buy Dogecoin on a crypto exchange you’ll first need to buy a larger cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum, and then exchange those coins for Dogecoin. As a relatively small cryptocurrency, it won’t be offered for trade on all exchanges, so look for a secure, reputable crypto exchange that lets you trade Dogecoin, and many other cryptocurrencies.
- Trusts and funds. An investment trust is a closed-end investment strategy used by UK investors to buy different types of investment assets, such as stocks, bonds, and crypto. A trust allows you to invest in lots of different coins at the same time.
- Crypto debit cards. A crypto debit card lets you make purchases online instantly and securely by paying with your coins. While there are debit cards available for many of the most popular coins, you might struggle to find one that lets you spend Doge.
- Mobile apps. The rise in global cryptocurrency acceptance has spurred a jump in the number of apps that allow you to invest in crypto. An app lets you buy, sell, and trade Dogecoin right from your mobile device.
- Wallets. A wallet is an online piece of software or offline piece of hardware that lets you store, track, send, and receive Dogecoin quickly and securely. Many crypto wallets offer one-stop shop functionality, so look for a wallet that offers that kind of versatility, if that’s a priority for your crypto needs.