Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Golem (GLM) - All you need to know
Ways to invest in Golem Network Token
If you want to buy Golem Network Token (GLM) outright, you need to open an account with a crypto broker or a crypto exchange. These services vary in terms of what exactly they can offer you and their fee structure, though they both allow you to buy, sell and trade cryptos like Golem Network Token.
There are many different options available, such as holding coins for the long term in a wallet, deploying a short-term trading strategy, or even using various financial instruments like ETFs. Each link below gives more information about every one of these methods.
What is Golem Network Token?
No, it’s nothing to do with The Lord of the Rings. Launched in 2016, Golem is actually a decentralised cloud-based supercomputer, and it offers enormous processing power to users. The processing power is generated by all the computers of the network, and it can be rented by users to speed up a process that might be too slow on a normal computer, such as CGI rendering or even DNA exploration.
If before learning about the Golem Network Token you want to gain a firmer understanding of the principles of crypto investing, check out our Bitcoin 101 course. Otherwise, keep reading to learn more about GLM.
How to invest in Golem Network Token
There are many methods that can be used to invest in the Golem Network Token successfully. We have outlined your top options below and included links where appropriate so you can enhance your understanding of certain methods and subjects.
- Golem Network Token brokers. If buying some Golem Network Token is your aim, and you want to do so quickly and directly, your best course of action is to sign up with a broker. These platforms let you get cryptos with fiat money and execute transactions instantly, often with low or no fees. Make sure the platform you have opted for supports the Golem Network Token.
- Golem Network Token exchanges. Often with even lower fees than brokers, crypto exchanges are effectively marketplaces for cryptocurrencies. They allow you to swap coins with other users instantly. They support a wider range of cryptocurrencies than brokers, though they don’t support any other asset class, so can be a good option if crypto is your sole focus.
- Golem Network Token ETFs. There are few if any ETFs that offer exposure to the price of the Golem Network Token right now. As soon as this changes, you can find out about it on this page first, so bookmark it and check back occasionally. For those who don’t already know, ETFs are a group of individual cryptocurrencies, stocks and/or other assets that are generally within the same industry. Investing in an altcoin with an ETF wrapper can be a less risky way of gaining exposure to its price.
- Golem Network Token funds. Major institutional funds have become more and more interested in cryptocurrencies over the last decade. However, it remains to be seen how much institutional interest is being exhibited in the Golem Network Token. Moreover, there are notable barriers to entry; you need to have friends in high places and have enough capital to bankroll your entry into the fund.
- Golem Network Token mutual funds. These are far more accessible for retail investors because they don’t have such high entry barriers. Mutual funds work by pooling your capital with other investors, and then a mutual fund manager takes charge of it. The capital is then invested in a portfolio of diverse assets, in this case, including Golem Network Token. Because the fund manager makes these investment decisions, it can be a good way to invest without relying on your own expertise.
- Golem Network Token trusts. Trusts trade on stock exchanges, and owning some Golem Network Token through a trust can be a good way to seek exposure to its price. However, be aware that fees are typically high, and few trusts currently offer Golem Network Token as an investment.
- Golem Network Token debit cards. If you want to, you can get acquire a debit card to spend Golem Network Token during regular purchases, such as at a car wash. These debit cards store your coins and then instantaneously swap them for fiat money whenever you need to pay for something. This allows you to incorporate the Golem Network Token into your daily routine. Just be warned that fees remain high while this technology finds its feet commercially.
- Golem Network Token apps. If you want to invest in some Golem Network Token while on the room, there are many crypto apps that can help you do this. The majority of online brokers now gave an associated app, allowing you to control your entire investment portfolio on the move from the comfort of a mobile or other handheld device.
- Golem Network Token wallets. If you intend to own some Golem Network Token to speculate on their long-term value, storing your tokens in a wallet could be a good idea. These are affordable solutions that help protect you from loss and online fraud.
Where can I buy Golem Network Token now?
Latest Golem Network Token price analysis
Fact-checking & references
Our editors fact-check all content to ensure compliance with our strict editorial policy. The information in this article is supported by the following reliable sources.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >