In page navigation
- 1. How & where to buy OKB (OKB) online
- 2. How to buy OKB instantly in 3 simple steps
- 3. Where to buy OKB easily
- 4. Best exchanges to buy OKB (OKB), reviewed
- 5. How to trade OKB
- 6. What is the best way to pay for OKB (OKB)?
- 7. How do I store OKB (OKB)?
- 8. Is OKB (OKB) a good investment?
- 9. Is now a good time to buy OKB?
- 10. FAQs
How & where to buy OKB (OKB) online
Get started in minutes with our preferred broker,. 9/10
82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
OKB tokens are available on a cryptocurrency exchange, which functions similar to a stock trading platform. It takes just a few minutes to buy OKB this way. Follow our quick step guide below.
How to buy OKB instantly in 3 simple stepsCopy link to section
To buy OKB you need a smartphone or a computer and an internet connection. It takes 10-15 minutes the first time and you should have some photo ID to hand. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1. Sign up to OKXCopy link to section
Step 2. Make a depositCopy link to section
Add funds via a card payment, bank transfer or an alternative payment method. You can start with as little as £10.
Step 3. Buy OKB tokenCopy link to section
Type OKB into the search box then click ‘trade’. Enter how much money you want to spend and hit ‘trade now’.
Now you own OKB tokens! It’s as simple as that.
Where to buy OKB easilyCopy link to section
The overall best exchange to buy OKB token for beginners is OKX . OKB is also available on lots of other cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here are the top three places to buy OKB, ranked according to their simplicity for beginners, fees, customer reviews, and safety ratings.
Read more about how we rate, rank and review platforms.
Best exchanges to buy OKB (OKB), reviewedCopy link to section
1. OKX. Best for futures and margin trading
Pros & Cons
We love OKX because it’s an adaptable and flexible exchange, with an app that’s available in three different versions depending on how you trade. Choose from the beginner-friendly Lite version, Web3 option for NFT traders, or the Pro version for a plethora of trading tools.
From an app or desktop you can trade 350+ crypto coins on one of the world’s top crypto exchanges. You can fund your account easily, through a variety of simple payment methods, and a sliding scale of fees that means you can access discounts by holding the OKB token or trading high volumes.
The fees: Regular users pay a 0.1% fee on spot crypto trades. OKB crypto holders are entitled to a discount, up to 0.02% off for holding more than 2,000 coins. High volume traders are also entitled to a discount, with the cheapest fees available for traders with a 30 day trading volume above $10,000,000,000.
How to trade OKBCopy link to section
You can trade OKB on a cryptocurrency exchange using a few simple steps. Here’s a quick example that clearly lays out how OKB crypto trading works:
- Monitor the price: Let’s say the price of OKB/USDT is $1. You read the price charts and decide that now is a good time to start purchasing OKB.
- Open a trade: You trade one USDT for one OKB ($1 for 1 OKB).
- Continue to monitor the price: The next day, one OKB token is now worth $2, a 100% increase.
- Close your trade: You trade your OKB token back to USDT for $2.
In this example, you buy and sell OKB, doubling your money (trading). While the steps are simple, executing them in a profitable way is not so easy. You need to spend many hours learning to trade, reading charts, patterns, and understanding markets and margin trading; which you can do right here on Invezz.com.
What is the best way to pay for OKB (OKB)?Copy link to section
The simplest way to buy OKB cryptocurrency is with your bank card. However, there are plenty of other options as well. Here are some of the top ways to pay for OKB.
- Buy OKB with a credit card or debit card. Card payments are convenient and instantaneous but you may have to pay a higher fee to make a deposit this way. Binance charges 1.8% for a card deposit and some platforms charge as much as 4%.
- Buy OKB with bank transfer. A bank transfer is usually the cheapest way to buy crypto. Crypto platforms like Crypto.com and Coinbase do not charge for bank transfer deposits, while Binance only charges a £1 fee, and these transactions are more or less instant as they run through the Faster Payments System (FPS).
- Buy OKB with PayPal. Some crypto brokers accept deposits via PayPal. eToro is the best option because it doesn’t charge a fee for PayPal deposits, whereas the charge can be as high as 5% or more with other platforms.
- Alternative payment methods. Crypto brokers often let you pay with other providers or money transfer services, like Neteller, Venmo, or Payoneer. The options vary by broker, though, so check what’s accepted before you sign up.
How do I store OKB (OKB)?Copy link to section
Most people keep their crypto on the exchange they used to buy it. If you only plan to hold onto it for a little while then that’s a perfectly acceptable option. If you want to hold it for years or you own a lot of OKB then you should move it to a crypto wallet.
A crypto exchange is similar to a bank account, in that it means trusting a company to protect your funds for you. A wallet is like your personal wallet, or a safe, where you take responsibility for it yourself. Two of the best OKB wallets to use are MetaMask and the Ledger Nano S.
Is OKB (OKB) a good investment?Copy link to section
Whether it’s good for you depends on your goals and the fundamentals of the project. Here are some key features of OKB and its token to help you decide whether to invest in OKB.
- Holding OKB provides a 40% discount on trading fees on the OKEx exchange. This means that if you hold OKB in your OKEx account, you can trade at a reduced cost compared to not holding OKB. This can be a significant saving for frequent traders on the platform.
- Earn passive income via OKEx Earn. OKEx Earn allows users to earn interest on their crypto assets by lending them to other traders on the platform. As an OKB holder, you can earn a higher interest rate on your assets.
- Participate in jumpstart token sales of high-quality crypto projects. OKEx Jumpstart is a token sale platform that allows users to participate in the private sale of new, high-quality crypto projects. As an OKB holder, you will have priority access to these sales, allowing you to invest in promising projects before they hit the open market.
- OKB payments are supported on a wide variety of platforms. This means that OKB can be used as a form of payment on several different websites and platforms, making it a useful unit of exchange for online transactions.
- OKB burns tokens to increase scarcity. By buying back and burning OKB tokens, OKEx is reducing the overall supply of OKB, which can lead to an increase in the price of remaining tokens due to the laws of supply and demand. This is a common practice in the crypto industry to increase the token’s value over time.
- It has lots of competition. The real issue for the project is the sheer level of competition. From Binance’s BNB to Uniswap’s UNI, there are a huge number of utility token powerhouses for giant crypto exchanges.
Use this quick summary of pros and cons to compare OKB with other, similar projects.
ProsCopy link to section
- Devs regularly repurchase and burn tokens
- 40% discount on transactions over the increasingly popular OKEx exchange
- Supported by an increased number of platforms
- Passive income is earnable via OKEx Earn
- Over 400 trading pairs are available via OKEx, and there are no deposit fees
- OKEx supports bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard, ApplePay, Paypal, and more
Ultimately, many different factors play into the answer. Cryptocurrency is inherently volatile but you can reduce the risks by investing in quality projects that provide value to the community.
How has OKB (OKB) performed this year?Copy link to section
The current OKB price today is $31.47, which is 29.07% below its all time high of $44.35, which it reached on 03 May, 2021. OKB is up 21.17% this year, with a 52 week high of $32.70 and a 52 week low of $9.71.
Is now a good time to buy OKB?Copy link to section
The answer depends on the current price and your own investment goals. Put simply, buying OKB, selling OKB, and trading OKB are all the exact same process. It’s really just your personal investing intentions that defines whether now is a good time to invest or not.
- If you’re a trader: as a cryptocurrency trader, your goal is to make money trading regularly. What do we mean by regularly? Hourly, daily, weekly. Traders buy and sell a coin quickly to secure their profit (or to avoid a loss). They don’t #hodl that coin long term in the hopes of larger profits. In this sense, any time is a good time to buy OKB.
- As a long-term investor: a long term investor is not concerned if the price is up or down 10% on any given day. Rather, they care that the price of the native token is overall up months or years later, when they’re ready to sell that investment. So if you’re a firm believer in the foundations of OKB and its decentralised aggregator platform, then a good time to purchase OKB is on any major dip.
In our experience, most newcomers to the crypto market sit between the two. You don’t want to wait several years for a return, but buying OKB and selling it the next day probably isn’t why you’re here either.
Regardless, closely following OKB price news & analysis will help you decide when to pull the trigger:
Stacks, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Litecoin outlook after the new BTC news
Stellar Lumens (XLM) price prediction after Ripple’s XRP victory
Astounding $185,000 Bitcoin price prediction could move Stellar, Cardano, BNB, ETH
FAQsCopy link to section
The highest rated exchange to buy OKB is the OKX exchange. However, you can purchase OKB crypto tokens on any of the platforms listed above in our comparison table. Most platforms that let you buy and sell the leading coins by market cap will offer OKB. Although, not all will, so make sure you check our recommendations above.
To create an account on any regulated cryptocurrency exchange, you will need:
- A mobile or laptop device
- An internet connection
- Email address and/or phone number
- Photo ID to verify the account
- A method to deposit & withdraw funds, like bank card or PayPal
No, OKB is not available to buy on Coinbase.
No, OKB is not available on Biannce.
No, OKB is not available on eToro.
You can use any cryptocurrency wallet to store your OKB tokens. It is also possible to store your OKB coins on the exchange where you bought them.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >