Accuracy is our number one priority. Our editors constantly review content across Invezz, ensuring all information is up-to-date and maintained where necessary. Read more about our fact-checking process >
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >
Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Ways to invest in Stratis
The simplest way to get Stratis is to sign up with an online broker or cryptocurrency exchange. Once you have an account you can buy, sell, or trade coins to suit your chosen investment strategy.
That strategy might also include using investment vehicles like mutual funds and exchange-traded funds to put your portfolio in someone else’s hands. Keep reading to learn more about those, or use the links below to get to grips with how to buy Stratis.
What is Stratis?
Stratis is a platform that offers template blockchain networks for businesses. Each business can use Stratis instead of having to learn complicated programming language to build their own, then customise the template so it works for their project. The Stratis coin is a means of payment on the network.
Take our course on the blockchain to get the basics of how the technology works and why it’s useful for businesses to build on.
How to invest in Stratis
There are lots of different approaches available. Below is a list of the most popular options, and by reading through it you can get an idea of how to get and spend your coins. Then you can decide which of the methods works best for you.
- Broker platforms. A broker platform is the easiest way to invest. You can quickly create an account, find the Stratis coin page, and be presented with a simple, fixed, buy and sell price. The only drawbacks are that you might be charged a small commission each time you trade, and the range of coins can be limited. All the top cryptos are available on a broker platform, smaller coins might not be.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges. An exchange is the solution to any coin you can’t find with a broker. The range of coins is much bigger and you usually get better prices as well as there is no middleman, instead you deal straight with other users. Exchanges are a bit more advanced as a result, and you probably have to swap your fiat currency for Bitcoin before you can get a crypto like Stratis.
- Funds. A fund is formed out of a group of people pooling money together. That money is given to a fund manager who decides which assets to hold. Funds are for wealthier clients, so might not be the right option for you. However it’s good to know that they’re out there and some now include cryptocurrency as part of their portfolio.
- Mutual funds. The accessible alternative to a fund is a mutual fund. These trade on the market just like a stock, so they’re very easy to find and offer the same benefits as a fund. You pool your money together with other people and the fund manager chooses how to spend it, with the goal of getting the best results for all of you. Mutual funds that hold cryptocurrency are rare but likely to become more popular as the industry grows.
- Stratis ETFs. An exchange-traded fund is an even simpler alternative to a mutual fund. They’re ideal for beginners or investors who don’t want to have to worry about picking a fund manager or finding funds with low fees. An ETF works by buying all the assets within a particular index or market to track its performance. A cryptocurrency ETF’s performance would reflect that of all coins as a whole and can be a good way to get exposure to lots of different ones rather than putting all your eggs in one basket.
- Crypto debit cards. Use a crypto debit card to spend your coins online. The crypto version works just the same as your normal bank card, just enter the details and spend with any merchant that accepts cryptocurrency. Debit cards tend to only be available for large-cap coins like Bitcoin at the moment but they’re expanding the coins they accept all the time.
- Smartphone apps. Mobile apps let you manage your Stratis coins from your phone. There are apps now that let you buy, sell, and trade coins on the go, as well as ones that let you earn interest payments or stake coins as collateral on a loan.
- Stratis wallets. Wallets are a secure place to store your coins if you’re going to hold them for a long time. They use encryption to protect the cryptocurrency so they can only be accessed by entering a private key that’s unique to you.