In page navigation
- 1. How & where to buy VeChain (VET) online
- 2. How to buy VeChain instantly in 3 simple steps
- 3. Where to buy VET easily
- 4. Best exchanges to buy VeChain (VET), reviewed
- 5. How to trade VET
- 6. What is the best way to pay for VeChain (VET)?
- 7. How do I store VeChain (VET)?
- 8. Is VeChain (VET) a good investment?
- 9. Is now a good time to buy VeChain?
- 10. FAQs
How & where to buy VeChain (VET) online
Get started in minutes with our preferred broker,. 9/10
82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
VeChain tokens are available on a cryptocurrency exchange, which functions similar to a stock trading platform. It takes just a few minutes to buy VeChain this way. Follow our quick step guide below.
How to buy VeChain instantly in 3 simple stepsCopy link to section
To buy VeChain you need a smartphone or a computer and an internet connection. It takes 10-15 minutes the first time and you should have some photo ID to hand. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1. Sign up to BitvavoCopy link to section
Step 2. Make a depositCopy link to section
Add funds via a card payment, bank transfer or an alternative payment method. You can start with as little as $10.
Step 3. Buy VeChain tokenCopy link to section
Type VET into the search box then click ‘trade’. Enter how much money you want to spend and hit ‘trade now’.
Now you own VeChain tokens! It’s as simple as that.
Where to buy VET easilyCopy link to section
The overall best exchange to buy VeChain token for beginners is Bitvavo . VeChain is also available on lots of other cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here are the top three places to buy VeChain, ranked according to their simplicity for beginners, fees, customer reviews, and safety ratings.
Read more about how we rate, rank and review platforms.
Best exchanges to buy VeChain (VET), reviewedCopy link to section
1. KuCoin. Best social trading altcoin exchange
Pros & Cons
We love KuCoin because it;s a great place for beginners to trade more than 700 altcoins. KuCoin is a social trading platform with 20+ million investors worldwide in 200+ countries.
KuCoin’s beginner zone offers up rewards up to $500 for new users. The rest of the platform has plenty of features for the crypto enthusiast: a staking service to earn money on your stored crypto, an NFT marketplace, and margin trading features to buy leveraged tokens.
The fees: Trading fees are charged on a sliding scale. Fees are 0.1% on trading volumes below 50 BTC in a 30 day period. Discounts are available if you pay fees in KCS or store more than 1000 KCS in your account.
How to trade VETCopy link to section
You can trade VeChain on a cryptocurrency exchange using a few simple steps. Here’s a quick example that clearly lays out how VET crypto trading works:
- Monitor the price: Let’s say the price of VET/USDT is $1. You read the price charts and decide that now is a good time to start purchasing VET.
- Open a trade: You trade one USDT for one VET ($1 for 1 VET).
- Continue to monitor the price: The next day, one VET token is now worth $2, a 100% increase.
- Close your trade: You trade your VET token back to USDT for $2.
In this example, you buy and sell VeChain, doubling your money (trading). While the steps are simple, executing them in a profitable way is not so easy. You need to spend many hours learning to trade, reading charts, patterns, and understanding markets and margin trading; which you can do right here on Invezz.com.
What is the best way to pay for VeChain (VET)?Copy link to section
The simplest way to buy VeChain cryptocurrency is with your bank card. However, there are plenty of other options as well. Here are some of the top ways to pay for VET.
- Buy VeChain with a credit card or debit card. Card payments are convenient and instantaneous but you may have to pay a higher fee to make a deposit this way. Binance charges 1.8% for a card deposit and some platforms charge as much as 4%.
- Buy VeChain with bank transfer. A bank transfer is usually the cheapest way to buy crypto. Crypto platforms like Crypto.com and Coinbase do not charge for bank transfer deposits, while Binance only charges a £1 fee, and these transactions are more or less instant as they run through the Faster Payments System (FPS).
- Buy VeChain with PayPal. Some crypto brokers accept deposits via PayPal. eToro is the best option because it doesn’t charge a fee for PayPal deposits, whereas the charge can be as high as 5% or more with other platforms.
- Alternative payment methods. Crypto brokers often let you pay with other providers or money transfer services, like Neteller, Venmo, or Payoneer. The options vary by broker, though, so check what’s accepted before you sign up.
How do I store VeChain (VET)?Copy link to section
Most people keep their crypto on the exchange they used to buy it. If you only plan to hold onto it for a little while then that’s a perfectly acceptable option. If you want to hold it for years or you own a lot of VeChain then you should move it to a crypto wallet.
A crypto exchange is similar to a bank account, in that it means trusting a company to protect your funds for you. A wallet is like your personal wallet, or a safe, where you take responsibility for it yourself. Two of the best VeChain wallets to use are MetaMask and the Ledger Nano S.
Is VeChain (VET) a good investment?Copy link to section
Whether it’s good for you depends on your goals and the fundamentals of the project. Here are some key features of VeChain and its token to help you decide whether to invest in VET.
- Very few platforms offer a similar service. VeChain uses blockchain technology to manage goods and products on the supply side by giving each product a unique digital identity and tracking its movement and ownership history on the blockchain.
- VeChain has real-world use. By giving each product a unique identifier, anyone can track its movement and its ownership history. This means that the entire supply chain can be tracked and verified, from the manufacturer to the end consumer. This helps prevent fraud and counterfeits, particularly with high-value goods, as it is difficult to fake or tamper with a product’s digital identity on the blockchain.
- Several large companies have partnered with the platform. VeChain has partnerships with brands such as BMW, PwC, and DNV GL. These partnerships give VeChain a strong foothold in the supply chain and logistics industry and bode well for future growth.
- VeChain is moving onto its own platform. VeChain Thor will be used to bring together businesses, developers, and users to build decentralised applications on top of the VeChain blockchain. This move could put VeChain in direct competition with Ethereum. VeChain Thor is similar to Ethereum in that it allows for smart contracts and decentralised applications to be built on it.
- It has a track record of successful results. VeChain’s practical, real-world use sets it apart from other blockchain platforms, focusing on solving real-world problems in the supply chain and logistics industry. VeChain’s solutions are already being used by businesses, and it has a track record of delivering results.
- It needs more partnerships to grow. Before investing in VeChain’s native token, VET, it’s essential to research the project thoroughly. This includes looking at the team behind it, their partnerships, and the technology they are using. You should also look for signs of more businesses joining the platform and other success stories that indicate wider adoption is on the way. This will give you a better understanding of VeChain’s potential for growth and success in the future.
Use this quick summary of pros and cons to compare VeChain with other, similar projects.
ProsCopy link to section
- Offers a solution to a real-world problem of high-value counterfeit goods
- VET gives you power on the platform
- Impressive list of partners bodes well for business adoption
- Research partnership with Oxford University and founded by Sunny Lu, former CEO of Louis Vuitton China
Ultimately, many different factors play into the answer. Cryptocurrency is inherently volatile but you can reduce the risks by investing in quality projects that provide value to the community.
How has VeChain (VET) performed this year?Copy link to section
The current VeChain price today is $0.02128, which is 92.21% below its all time high of $0.2798, which it reached on 17 April, 2021. VET is up 33.82% this year, with a 52 week high of $0.08906 and a 52 week low of $0.01536.
Is now a good time to buy VeChain?Copy link to section
The answer depends on the current price and your own investment goals. Put simply, buying VeChain, selling VeChain, and trading VET are all the exact same process. It’s really just your personal investing intentions that defines whether now is a good time to invest or not.
- If you’re a trader: as a cryptocurrency trader, your goal is to make money trading regularly. What do we mean by regularly? Hourly, daily, weekly. Traders buy and sell a coin quickly to secure their profit (or to avoid a loss). They don’t #hodl that coin long term in the hopes of larger profits. In this sense, any time is a good time to buy VeChain.
- As a long-term investor: a long term investor is not concerned if the price is up or down 10% on any given day. Rather, they care that the price of the native token is overall up months or years later, when they’re ready to sell that investment. So if you’re a firm believer in the foundations of VeChain and its decentralised aggregator platform, then a good time to purchase VeChain is on any major dip.
In our experience, most newcomers to the crypto market sit between the two. You don’t want to wait several years for a return, but buying VeChain and selling it the next day probably isn’t why you’re here either.
Regardless, closely following VET price news & analysis will help you decide when to pull the trigger:
Stacks, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Litecoin outlook after the new BTC news
Stellar Lumens (XLM) price prediction after Ripple’s XRP victory
Astounding $185,000 Bitcoin price prediction could move Stellar, Cardano, BNB, ETH
FAQsCopy link to section
What do I need to buy VET?Copy link to section
To create an account on any regulated cryptocurrency exchange, you will need:
- A mobile or laptop device
- An internet connection
- Email address and/or phone number
- Photo ID to verify the account
- A method to deposit & withdraw funds, like bank card or PayPal
As soon as you’ve set up an account, you can start buying VeChain.
No, VeChain is not available on Coinbase.
Yes, VeChain crypto is available to buy on Binance.
VeChain is not currently available on eToro, although it may be added soon.
We suggest storing your VET tokens on a VeChain cryptocurrency wallet. However, it is perfectly acceptable to keep your coins with the exchange you use to purchase them.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >