Income tax, repayment of

Updated: Aug 20, 2021

If a person has over-paid tax he can claim repayment at any time within the following six years. Claim forms are available from the Inland Revenue. Persons who do not pay tax at the standard rate may need to claim repayment when they receive dividends or interest from which tax has already been deducted at the standard rate (tax is deducted from nearly all interest and dividend payments).

Reference: The Penguin Business Dictionary , 3rd edt.

Sources & references
Risk disclaimer
James Knight
Editor of Education
James is the Editor of Education for Invezz, where he covers topics from across the financial world, from the stock market, to cryptocurrency, to macroeconomic markets.... read more.