Yield gap

Updated: Aug 20, 2021

The difference between the yield on ordinary shares and the yield on gilt-edged securities, e.g. 2½ per cent irredeemable consols. If the latter exceeds the former, it is called the reverse yield gap. A reverse yield gap appeared for the first time in 1959.

Reference: The Penguin Dictionary of Economics, 3rd edt.

Sources & references
Risk disclaimer
James Knight
Editor of Education
James is the Editor of Education for Invezz, where he covers topics from across the financial world, from the stock market, to cryptocurrency, to macroeconomic markets.... read more.