In page navigation
- 1. Compare the 3 best forex brokers that accept American Express in 2024
- 2. What are the best American Express forex brokers?
- 3. How to trade currencies with an American Express forex broker
- 4. Quick answers to key questions
- 5. Pros and cons of using American Express to deposit funds
- 6. What to look for when trading forex with American Express brokers
- 7. FAQs
Compare the 3 best forex brokers that accept American Express in 2024
Trade your favourite markets with our top-rated broker,. 10/10
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
What you’ll learn:Copy link to section
- The best American Express forex broker for your budget
- How to sign up and link American Express to your forex account
- How much American Express deposits cost and how safe each broker is
What are the best American Express forex brokers?Copy link to section
Here are some more American Express forex brokers with low fees, top security, and fast execution speeds:
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
CFD service. 82% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
How to trade currencies with an American Express forex brokerCopy link to section
It takes about 10 minutes to sign up for an account with a forex broker. American Express is a simple way to deposit the money to fund a trading account. Here’s how to get started.
Step 1. Sign up with eToroCopy link to section
We recommend eToro as the best American Express forex broker.
Create an account by supplying your email address, along with some contact details, and ID verification.
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
Step 2. Go to the payment page on your broker’s website or appCopy link to section
This is normally situated in the menu bar or sidebar navigation. Look for a ‘deposit’ or ‘bank’ button.
Step 3. Select American Express as your preferred payment methodCopy link to section
Find American Express from the drop down list of ways to transfer money. Select it to set American Express as your default deposit and withdrawal method.
Step 4. Enter the amount you want to deposit into your forex trading accountCopy link to section
Decide how much you want to start with. You may be asked to log in or approve the transaction by American Express before it goes through.
Step 5. Trade your first currencyCopy link to section
Search for a currency pair, such as USD/GBP or GBP/EUR, enter how much you want to spend, and execute the trade.
Quick answers to key questionsCopy link to section
What is an American Express forex broker?Copy link to section
A forex broker lets you trade one foreign currency for another to take advantage of price movements of different currencies. An American Express forex broker is a trading platform that lets you make deposits and fund your account with American Express.
What are the fees and commissions when using American Express brokers?Copy link to section
It depends on the broker. The difference between a broker’s buy and sell price for each currency is the main cost of trading. This cost (known as the ‘spread’) is the same regardless of how you decide to fund your account.
There may be additional fees for depositing or withdrawing funds to your American Express account. American Express fees can vary and are likely to be higher than using a direct bank transfer.
Spend some time researching online brokers to avoid any surprising hidden costs.
Is it safe to trade forex with American Express?Copy link to section
As long as you pick the right platform, yes. Regulated brokers provide investor protection in accordance with local financial regulations. All of our recommended brokers are regulated, but you can check by searching for its registration number with the local regulator.
The best American Express forex brokers also offer robust encryption features that protect your data and keep forex traders secure.
Do I need to provide ID when trading forex with an American Express broker?Copy link to section
Yes, you will need to provide identification when using a forex broker that accepts American Express. A verification process is standard procedure for all the best brokers, as they have to comply with KYC financial regulations.
The verification process may include anything from some basic financial and personal information to a photo ID.
Can I use MetaTrader 4 with forex brokers that accept American Express?Copy link to section
Yes. MT4 is a piece of trading software that’s popular with forex traders and available with most brokers. You can download the MetaTrader software and link it to any of your broker accounts.
The same applies to MetaTrader 5, which is simply the latest version of the software.
Do many forex brokers accept American Express?Copy link to section
Yes, most forex brokers let you make AMEX deposits. American Express is a common payment method, but it costs more for merchants to provide it, so sometimes they choose not to.
Pros and cons of using American Express to deposit fundsCopy link to section
When deciding if you should start trading forex with an American Express broker, consider these potential benefits and drawbacks:
ProsCopy link to section
- Fast deposits. Unlike with some other payment options, deposits made with American Express happen almost instantly. That means you can start trading forex with American Express with no wait time.
- Easy. Trading forex with American Express is a simple process. Given the sometimes complex strategies involved in making money with forex trading, having a simple payment method is most welcome.
- Convenient. If you’re already an American Express cardholder, you probably use your card all the time. So it’s a natural transition to use it for foreign exchange markets as well.
What to look for when trading forex with American Express brokersCopy link to section
Once you’ve established that the forex brokers you’re considering accept American Express, the next step is to narrow your search. Consider these factors when choosing an American Express forex broker:
- Low withdrawal and deposit charges. Some forex brokers allow you to use American Express, but at a cost that can eat into your potential trading profits. Look for an American Express forex broker that offers low withdrawal and deposit charges.
- Variety of forex trading options. Many forex brokers like to have multiple trading options at their disposal, including spread betting, futures, and contracts for difference (CFDs). If variety is an important factor for you, seek out a forex broker that offers a variety of different trading options.
- Number of currency pairs. Some of the most commonly traded currencies on forex exchanges are the British pound (GBP), US dollar (USD), and euro (EUR). But some forex traders like to trade a wide variety of currencies within currency pairs. If that fits your description, look for an American Express forex broker that offers a variety of currencies to trade.
- Security. A high level of security is a must when choosing an American Express forex broker to handle your trades. You’re trusting this platform with your money, so you want to make sure it’s secure.
- Great customer service. The best American Express forex brokers will offer fast, helpful, and highly responsive customer service options in the event you require assistance.
FAQsCopy link to section
It depends on the broker. British pounds, US dollars, and euros are offered by pretty much every American Express forex broker. Japanese yen, Canadian dollars, and Australian dollars are also quite popular. Forex brokers will offer these, and often many other currencies, as part of currency pairs that you can trade in a variety of ways.
There often are limits, yes. Different foreign exchange brokers may impose significantly different limits for both deposits and withdrawals. That said, you can often increase your limits once you’ve executed a certain number of trades on a given trading platform. Our forex broker guides can help you narrow down your search for an ideal broker using limit size as one of your search criteria.
Yes, you can request a chargeback if something went wrong during the trading process. Still, chargebacks are only recommended as a last resort, since they can be quite time-consuming, and your broker may try to dispute the chargeback.
Forex trading involves trading the fiat currency of one country for the fiat currency of another, in what’s called a currency pair. The goal is to guess correctly on the trading direction (up or down) of one currency, against another. Due to their immense scope and reach, forex markets tend to be the largest and most liquid in the world.
Check out all our forex news updates and analysis right here on this site. Then complete those news items by reading our wide array of forex trading guides, to help you develop a sound strategy for trading and profiting from the foreign exchange market.
Some of the currency pairs most commonly offered by American Express forex brokers are:
If variety is a high priority for you, do your research to find out how many more currency pairs beyond the popular ones above are offered by the specific broker that you’re researching.
A typical charge for a currency exchange is around 1%. That said, different platforms may offer different charges, so choose one that offers competitive rates.
You can start right here. We offer a wide range of educational tools and how-to guides. After that, consider trading forex on a practice basis using a free demo account. Some forex exchanges offer the ability to make practice trades in real time, without venturing any actual money. That way, you can learn the ropes before you can consider taking a real risk.
American Express is one of the most popular, widely used credit cards in the world. Nearly one-quarter of the total dollar value of credit card transactions in the United States is charged with an Amex card. That said, American Express tends to be less widely accepted in countries outside the US when compared to, say, Visa or MasterCard.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the regulatory body responsible for monitoring the activities and integrity of the forex market in the UK. The FCA is funded by UK financial services companies, including forex brokers.
In the United States, the National Futures Association develops rules and services to ensure that the forex market runs smoothly, while also working to protect against potential scams. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission serves a similar role.
That depends where you want to do it. Different countries have different regulatory bodies that oversee forex trading, so do your research to see how robust the regulatory laws are where you live.
It can be, but only under the right circumstances. First, consider devoting just a small amount of money to forex trading when you’re just starting out; you can always venture more once you’ve gained experience. Some forex brokers will even let you trade on a test basis, so you can gain experience without risking losses.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >