In page navigation
- 1. Compare the 3 best forex brokers that accept PayPal in 2023
- 2. What are the best PayPal forex brokers?
- 3. How to trade currencies with a PayPal forex broker
- 4. Quick answers to key questions
- 5. Pros and cons of using PayPal to deposit funds
- 6. What to look for when trading forex with PayPal brokers
- 7. FAQs
Compare the 3 best forex brokers that accept PayPal in 2023
Get started in minutes with our preferred broker,. 9/10
82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
What you’ll learnCopy link to section
- The best PayPal forex broker for your budget
- How to sign up and link PayPal to your forex account
- How much PayPal deposits cost and how safe each broker is
What are the best PayPal forex brokers?Copy link to section
Here are some more PayPal forex brokers with low fees, top security, and fast execution speeds:
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
How to trade currencies with a PayPal forex brokerCopy link to section
It takes about 10 minutes to sign up for an account with a forex broker. PayPal is a simple way to deposit the money to fund a trading account. Here’s how to get started.
Step 1. Sign up with eToroCopy link to section
We recommend eToro as the best PayPal forex broker.
Create an account by supplying your email address, along with some contact details, and ID verification.
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
Step 2. Go to the payment page on your broker’s website or appCopy link to section
This is normally situated in the menu bar or sidebar navigation. Look for a ‘deposit’ or ‘bank’ button.
Step 3. Select PayPal as your preferred payment methodCopy link to section
Find PayPal from the drop down list of ways to transfer money. Select it to set PayPal as your default deposit and withdrawal method.
Step 4. Enter the amount you want to deposit into your forex trading accountCopy link to section
Decide how much you want to start with. You may be asked to log in or approve the transaction by PayPal before it goes through.
Step 5. Trade your first currencyCopy link to section
Search for a currency pair, such as USD/GBP or GBP/EUR, enter how much you want to spend, and execute the trade.
Quick answers to key questionsCopy link to section
What is a PayPal forex broker?Copy link to section
A forex broker lets you trade one foreign currency for another to take advantage of price movements of different currencies. A PayPal forex broker is a trading platform that lets you make deposits and fund your account with PayPal.
What are the fees and commissions when using PayPal brokers?Copy link to section
It depends on the broker. The difference between a broker’s buy and sell price for each currency is the main cost of trading. This cost (known as the ‘spread’) is the same regardless of how you decide to fund your account.
There may be additional fees for depositing or withdrawing funds to your PayPal account. PayPal fees can vary and are likely to be higher than using a direct bank transfer.
Spend some time researching online brokers to avoid any surprising hidden costs.
Is it safe to trade forex with PayPal?Copy link to section
As long as you pick the right platform, yes. Regulated brokers provide investor protection in accordance with local financial regulations. All of our recommended brokers are regulated, but you can check by searching for its registration number with the local regulator.
The best PayPal forex brokers also offer robust encryption features that protect your data and keep forex traders secure.
Do I need to provide ID when trading forex with a PayPal broker?Copy link to section
Yes, you will need to provide identification when using a forex broker that accepts PayPal. A verification process is standard procedure for all the best brokers, as they have to comply with KYC financial regulations.
The verification process may include anything from some basic financial and personal information to a photo ID.
Can I use MetaTrader 4 with forex brokers that accept PayPal?Copy link to section
Yes. MT4 is a piece of trading software that’s popular with forex traders and available with most brokers. You can download the MetaTrader software and link it to any of your broker accounts.
The same applies to MetaTrader 5, which is simply the latest version of the software.
Do many forex brokers accept PayPal?Copy link to section
Most brokers allow you to deposit money from PayPal and make PayPal withdrawals. However, it’s not universal and not all forex brokers accept PayPal payments. Use the table above to choose a PayPal-friendly broker.
Pros and cons of using PayPal to deposit fundsCopy link to section
When deciding if you should start trading forex with a PayPal broker, consider these potential benefits and drawbacks:
ProsCopy link to section
- It’s convenient if you already have a PayPal account
- Easily link PayPal to your bank account and use it to fund forex trading
- PayPal withdrawals normally take place instantly, so you get quick access to your money
What to look for when trading forex with PayPal brokersCopy link to section
- Find a regulated platform – In the UK, the Financial Conduct Authority regulates forex trading. Any reputable brokerage site will fall under the FCA’s regulatory jurisdiction. If you’re looking into forex and/or CFD trading elsewhere in the world, verify that the broker you choose also complies with the relevant regulatory bodies.
- Variety of payment methods – Different brokers will accept different methods of payment. PayPal is now a widely accepted way to fund your brokerage account and choice of payment methods is expanding all the time. For instance, some platforms now accept payments in cryptocurrency. Pick somewhere that allows you to deposit and withdraw funds in a way that works for you.
- Suitable deposit and withdrawal limits – Different platforms will impose different limits on the amount you’re able to deposit or withdraw at any one time. Pick a broker that suits your needs, whether you’re an experienced high roller, or a cautious beginner.
- Good reputation – With so many brokers and trading platforms to choose from, the prospect of narrowing down your search and picking the best one can be daunting. The good news is that CFD trading platforms have existed for a while, so many of them have a long enough track record to accrue a sizable number of user reviews. Those user reviews, along with media coverage and awards, should help you to figure out whether or not a platform has a strong reputation and can be trusted.
- Design and ease of use – Choose a platform that’s intuitively designed and easy to use. Is it a good beginner forex broker? Do they offer forex signals? Is it a high leverage forex broker? Allow you to automate using forex robots?
- Variety of currency pairs – Seven currency pairs dominate globally forex exchanges. That said, there are approximately 180 different legal fiat currencies around the world. If you’re interested in branching out beyond typical GBP/USD/EUR trades, seek out a broker that can facilitate a wider range of trades.
FAQsCopy link to section
PayPal offers fast, easy, and secure payment options for both deposits and withdrawals of funds. With PayPal linked to your forex account, you don’t need to share personal details or banking information with your broker.
If you are not yet ready to trade with real money, try a demo account.
Not if you use a PayPal-funded account. Since PayPal already stores your credit card details, you don’t need to go through the trouble of entering them again when you sign up for an account.
If you’re looking to trade currencies with PayPal, you can use either a bank account or credit card to fund your account. You can also simply use the funds already in your PayPal account, assuming you keep a balance there.
PayPal has a significant presence in more than 200 countries and territories, supporting 25 different currencies. That makes it easy to find brokers in most of the world, even if your location is far afield from the biggest forex markets like the UK or the United States.
You can do so with as little as $5. Check the minimum requirements for the forex trading platforms you’re researching to learn their precise minimum initial deposit.
That depends on how you use it. If you’re sending money to friends and family, PayPal is free to use. But if you’re selling a product or service using PayPal, you’ll be charged 2.9%, plus a fixed fee.
Yes, it is safe to deposit money to trade currencies with PayPal, and even more so now that PayPal has introduced two-factor authentication into its platform.
Yes. When using PayPal, you don’t have to worry about your money reaching your broker account. Look at your new forex account balance. If the money was not credited within 24-72 hours of you making your PayPal transfer, you can claim a refund with PayPal.
Definitely. Compared to options like bank wires and credit-card transfers, PayPal is an extremely fast way to fund your forex account. You’ll be able to trade forex with PayPal in. matter of few minutes.
Tight price spreads. Tight (also called narrow) spreads offer you the best opportunity to profit from small movements in prices and values. Price spreads (and price movements) are measured by a unit called pips, which stands for point in percentage. So if the EUR/USD pair moves from 1.1015 to 1.1016, it’s moved one pip. The smaller the number of pips in the price spreads a broker offers, the better.
Right here! We’ve done all the legwork, comparing many different brokers using all the criteria mentioned above. Check our comparison above to find the best broker to trade forex with PayPal. And dont forget to check out our articles, how-to guides and forex courses, pick the broker that works best for you and start trading!
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >