Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
In page navigation
Compare the best forex trading courses in 2022
What are the best forex trading courses?
If you’re ready to jump right in and start learning you can check out the list below. These courses have been selected by our forex experts and rank well for both content and costs. Just click on any of the links to get started in just a few minutes.
Top forex trading courses
1. Perfect Your Trading: Best FX trading courses
Perfect Your Trading is a custom built training platform. It gives you access to courses, 1 on 1 lessons, and live trading sessions. It’s a relatively new service so many of its functionalities are still in the development stage. It has 2 forex courses that break down how the market works and how to trade it. Some of its other notable courses are based around technical analysis and price charts.
The platform is run by a number of instructors, all of whom have extensive financial trading experience. When you sign up you can choose which instructor you want to use and have the option to focus on specific courses. It offers the ability to pay for single courses or everything via a monthly subscription. 1 on 1 training is also available from specific instructors.
- Choice of instructors
- Courses for other assets like crypto
- 1 on 1 training available
- Watch instructors take trades during live sessions
2. Coursea: Best for beginners
Coursea is an educational website that offers thousands of courses covering different topics and skills. It has over 500 forex courses listed which can be accessed for a small fee. Coursea is free to join however many of the courses it has available require a payment. It’s one of the most popular websites for forex courses and has millions of subscribers.
Users can quickly search for forex courses using lots of filters such as language, level of expertise, and cost. Some of the forex courses on Coursea have over a million students enrolled. One key benefit of Coursea is it offers financial aid for users unable to afford full price courses. With such a wide choice available, Coursea is a top place to learn about FX.
- Free to register an account and search for courses
- Over 500 individual Forex courses
- Million of subscribers
- Financial aid available
3. How To Trade: Best video forex trading courses
How To Trade has dozens of courses made up with hundreds of videos covering different aspects of forex trading. Courses cover a range of topics from the basics of forex trading all the way to precise sniper entries and everything in between. Lessons are taught by various instructors who have previous experience in profitable trading.
The How To Trade website is vast with lots of information and different ways to access learning material. Alongside its video courses is a service called ‘The Accelerator Program’. This is a three day web based live workshop where users get intensive education in a live trading environment. How to Trade has lots of features for both beginners and experienced forex traders and is a top course program for anyone wanting to improve their FX skills.
- Hundreds of video tutorials
- You can choose just the courses you want or the complete package
- Advanced trading education programs
- Free forex trading webinars
4. Invezz: Best free forex trading courses
Here on Invezz we offer a free online forex trading course. With information for complete beginners all the way up to advanced traders, the Invezz forex course is packed with lots of easy to understand educational content. It’s broken down into three sections: beginners, intermediate, and advanced.
The beginners section is tailored to novice forex traders with little experience. It includes the basics of the forex market and easy to implement strategies. The intermediate course follows on with a deeper dive into trading strategies. Finally, the advanced section covers strategies and techniques used by both day and swing traders.
- Three sections including basics of forex and advanced strategies
- Free to access
- Bite size lessons
- No need to log in or create an account
What is a forex trading course?
It’s a course that teaches you how to trade forex. These courses are offered by professional instructors and usually offer either video, text, or one to one learning. Forex trading courses are excellent for beginners wanting to learn about the currency market and how to trade it. They are also useful to more experienced traders wanting to improve their skills.
How does a forex trading course work?
Most forex trading courses are conducted online. Each course is different in what it offers and how it offers it. Some courses include video based learning, while others focus on one to one training or text. Most forex trading courses require a fee to access training material. Some charge a one off payment, while others can be accessed though a monthly subscription.
Once you’ve registered with a forex trading course provider you’ll usually gain access to a member area of their website where you’ll find course materials. Other courses may send you a document, or have their training available for free like here on Invezz. A one to one course is usually conducted over an application like Zoom or Skype.
How should I choose a forex trading course?
There are thousands of forex trading courses available on the internet and when it comes to choosing one there’s a lot to consider. Below we’ve included a few factors you should think about when selecting a course.
- Reviews. The best courses already have lots of users who are happy with what they have been taught. If you find a course with lots of positive reviews then it’s a good sign that others have found it helpful.
- Cost. Some courses can be accessed for free, while others charge high fees. There’s no set price and it’s not always the case that the more expensive the course the better. Look out for a course that fits your budget.
- Instructors. Anyone can write a course and put it on the internet, but the best courses are made by instructors who have a record of success when it comes to trading. You can usually search for an instructor’s name on things like Linkedin.
- Proof. It is easy to put out a course with generic information, but the best courses offer actionable content that you can use immediately. You should think about asking a course instructor for proof that their strategies and content work.
- Type of course. Forex trading courses usually are either text, video, or live based. Text courses are often a PDF, while videos are pre recorded. Live based, or one to one are in person (via the internet). You should find a course that fits your preference
- Additional benefits. Some courses are run by professionals who have good relationships with forex brokers. These course providers often pass on savings to their clients if they register with a specific broker.
Should I use a forex trading course?
It will depend on your own level of experience. If you are completely new to online trading then using a forex trading course is recommended. However, if you’ve been trading forex or other markets for many years and are already generating profits, then a course may not be useful for you. However, there are some courses that are tailored to experienced traders.
Pros and cons of forex trading courses
If you’re still not sure whether to use a forex trading course then we’ve included the benefits and drawbacks of using one below.
- Can be accessed for very little cost, or even for free
- Learn at your own pace
- Courses for beginners and experienced traders
- Most forex trading courses can be applied to other markets like crypto
What are the fees for a forex trading course?
There is no set fee and each course will have its own price. Some courses can be relatively inexpensive, or even free, while others can run into the thousands. Its important to remember that just because a course cost’s a lot of money, does not necessarily mean that it is superior to others, or will result in you making lots of money.
Its a course that teaches you about the forex market and how to trade it. There are lots of different variety’s of courses around including video based learning, text courses, and one to one instructions. Courses can be used by all levels of trader although most focus on beginners. The best courses will teach you information that you can implement immediately.
Overall Coursea has the best forex trading courses. Coursea isn’t a typical forex trading course provider. It focuses on a wide range of subjects and has over 500 currency market courses available. On Coursea it is easy to find a forex trading course that fits your requirements.
There is no set price so it’s difficult to say. Some courses are free (like here on Invezz), while others need a one of payment or a rolling monthly subscription. It is not always the case that the more expensive the better the course.
Yes usually you can access learning materials directly from your phone or tablet. Some forex trading course providers even have apps which you can download.
Yes, it is generally safe to trade forex. The first thing you will need to do is register with an online forex broker. Its important to choose a regulated broker so your money is protected.
Although, there is always the risk that you will lose money when you trade, so forex trading isn’t completely safe.
You can check out our comparison table above that lists the best forex courses around. Before registering with a course you should check reviews online.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >