Experian share price: Group updates on recent performance

on Jul 16, 2015
Updated: Oct 21, 2019
Listen

Experian (LON:EXPN) has this morning issued a trading update covering its first quarter.

**Highlights from the company statement:**
Commenting on the performance, Brian Cassin, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“We’ve made an encouraging start to the year, with Group organic revenue growth of 3%. We saw good progress in software and analytics, fraud and identity management, consumer and business information and continued improvement in Brazil. In North America, we’ve seen strength in Credit Services helped by growing contributions from healthcare and automotive. We’re also making considerable progress in turning around Consumer Services as we build the Experian.com brand. Revenue from Experian.com was up 20% in the quarter, in response to our enhanced consumer proposition.
“Looking ahead, our full year expectations are unchanged. We continue to expect organic revenue growth to progress during the year as we focus on our growth initiatives and as declines moderate in North America Consumer Services in H2. While foreign exchange remains a headwind, we expect margins for the year to be stable and to deliver progress in Benchmark earnings per share, both at constant currency.”
In the three months to 30 June 2015, total growth was 3% at constant exchange rates and organic revenue was also up 3%. At actual exchange rates total revenue from continuing activities was down 6%. The differences relate to foreign exchange translation effects relative to the US dollar. Following recent movements in exchange rates, we now expect a foreign exchange headwind on EBIT for the full year of approximately 7%, if current rates prevail.

Are you looking for signals & alerts from pro-traders? Sign-up to Invezz Signals™ for FREE. Takes 2 mins.

By business line, Credit Services delivered organic revenue growth of 7% and Decision Analytics was up 9%. Organic revenue in Marketing Services and Consumer Services reduced by 2% and 6% respectively.
**More to follow…**
As of 07:02 BST, Thursday, 16 July, Experian plc share price is 1,202.00p.

Ad

Want easy-to-follow crypto, forex & stock trading signals? Make trading simple by copying our team of pro-traders. Consistent results. Sign-up today at Invezz Signals.

Learn more
Services Stock Market