- The summer school program aims to offer a deeper understanding of the blockchain to its students.
- The program will span three weeks.
- Apart from Cardano, UZH partnered with other blockchain organisations including IOTA.
Cardano, the organization behind ADA has joined hands with UZH Blockchain Center. The firm unveiled this news on May 7 through a tweet. Per the tweet, this partnership will help open an online international blockchain summer course through the University of Zurich (UZH). Through this collaboration, the students of the summer program will have an opportunity to learn about Cardano and its ecosystem.
Cardano’s tweet read,
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis? Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.
“We are glad to team up with @uzh_blockchain for the @UZH_en International Blockchain Summer School. Students will learn about Cardano and its ecosystem, and deep dive into blockchain technology.”
Outlining the course description, the University of Zurich said,
“This online summer school program will give you a complete immersion into the topic of blockchain from world-leading experts and practitioners in the field. Blockchain-based systems, with cryptocurrencies as the most prominent example, have disrupted and reshaped the way we now think about digital finance and other similar applications, such as supply chains. Blockchain and related technologies allow to store sequential, trustful information without enforced consensus by central authorities or trustees.”
Teaching about the key pillars of blockchain
According to the University of Zurich, the summer blockchain school aims to approach the blockchain from a multidisciplinary perspective. In so doing, the university believes that the students will understand different aspects of the blockchain. These include its implications and potential for application in practice.
To fully cover blockchain technology, the course will span three weeks. During this time, the students will learn about the three pillars of blockchain systems. These are the technology, economics, and legal aspects. Basing the entire course on these three sectors, the school will then expound into other fields of application such as forensics and data analytics.
The course is set to be interactive and will involve both theory and hands-on practice sessions. These sessions will be handled by blockchain experts from Switzerland, Austria, China, Germany, Japan, South Korea, and the UK. The course director will be Prof. Dr. Claudio J. Tessone.
A unique opportunity to learn from industry-leading experts
Per the University of Zurich, the main objectives of this course include,
- Get to know how blockchain-based systems work
- Understand the economics incentives as the basis of blockchain-based systems
- Learn to critically assess the decisions taken when designing blockchain technologies
- Learn from experts in academia and industry
- Obtain hands-on experience in both established and advancing technologies from our industry partners: Web3 Foundation, Cardano, NEO, IOST, Hyperledger Fabric, Polkadot, IOTA, and others!
Methods of learning include,
- Watching podcasts by lecturers from academia and speakers from the blockchain sector
- Testing knowledge through assignments to assess and deepen the knowledge obtained
- Hands-on sessions, which will allow interaction with lecturers to benefit from their expertise
- Q&A sessions every day, which will let students ask the teaching team questions
- Wrap-up. This involves an interactive recap of the program at the end of each week
- Group work. This will allow interaction among students, letting them work together on their final projects
- Mentoring for students’ final projects
Do you think Cardano’s partnership with UZH will help boost blockchain adoption in regions that currently lack insight into the sector? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.