Marston’s PLC traces its history back to 1834 with the founding of J. Marston & Son by John Marston. The company, however, was officially registered as Marston & Son in 1890. Marston’s merged with rivals along the way, and by 1905, the company was known as Marston, Thompson & Evershed. In 1999, Wolverhampton & Dudley Breweries Ltd acquired Marston, Thompson & Evershed, and in 2007, the new company rebranded to Marston’s Plc.
Marston’s Plc manages and leases pubs and restaurants across the UK, which is its primary market. The company has business interests in some international jurisdictions. Several segments make up Marston’s operations, and they include the Taverns segment, Brewing segment, and Leased segments. The head office and headquarters for the company are located in Wolverhampton, the UK. Marston’s operates more than 1,600 business premises in the UK alone. The company’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and trade under MARS as the ticker symbol.