How to open an eToro account and login
Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Get started in minutes with our preferred broker, eToro.10/10
79% of retail CFD accounts lose money
This page explains the steps you need to follow to open an eToro account. Read on to learn what documents you require, the minimum amount of money you can deposit, and how to log in to your account.
How to open an eToro account. A step-by-step guide
Opening an account with eToro is a simple process and similar to that of opening a bank account. eToro is an online brokerage so the process takes place online. It is important to have the necessary documents available before you open an account as this will speed things up. You can follow the steps in the guide below to open an eToro account.
Create an account
- Visit the eToro home page and click ‘start investing’, or go directly to the ‘create an account’ page here.
- Decide on your username, enter your email address, and choose a password.
- Read the terms and conditions and other disclaimers. Tick the boxes to accept them.
- Click the ‘create account’ button
Add your personal information
- Verify your email address by clicking the link in the automatic email sent to you.
- Click the complete profile button.
- Fill out the personal details boxes and click the arrow in the bottom right corner to continue.
- Add your address and country of residence matching your identification documents.
Verify your account
- Answer the questions about your investment and trading experience.
- Read and accept terms and conditions.
- Verify your phone number by clicking the ‘verify’ banner while logged into your account and follow the instructions.
- Verify your identity. Upload a copy of both sides of your passport or government ID.
- Verify your address. Upload a copy of proof of address.
- Deposit funds. Log into your account and click the blue ‘deposit’ button on the bottom left of the screen. Enter your deposit amount and preferred currency. Next choose your payment method and fill in your details. Then click deposit.
Your account will now be open and fully functional. If you are unfamiliar with the platform then you have the ability to use it with demo funds. You can click the ‘switch to virtual’ button at the bottom left of the home page to access your account in simulation mode.
Requirements to open an eToro account
To be able to open an account with eToro there are a few requirements you need to meet before you can access the platform. Here’s a list of what is required to open an eToro account.
- Proof of identity (passport / ID card)
- Proof of residency (utility bill or similar)
- A valid email address
- A valid phone number
Proof of identity and residency will need to be uploaded and verified before you can start using the services available on eToros platform. You will be sent a verification email and text to confirm both your email and phone number. eToro is not available in all countries so you will only be able to open an account if you’re resident in one of its accepted locations.
You can find a list of all countries where eToro is available in our in depth review. eToro is only available to users aged 18 or over. Your age will be verified via your proof of identity. The whole process of opening an account is digital and can be completed on the eToro website, so you will also be required to have a computer or mobile device connected to the internet.
How to log in to your eToro account
Logging into your eToro account is very easy. You can either visit the home page and click the login button at the top right of the screen, or visit the sign in screen directly. One here, you can enter your username or email address together with your password and click sign in. To make logging in quicker you can check the box that says ‘stay logged in’, although this is only recommended if you are not using a shared computer.
Should I open an eToro account?
Now that you know how to open an eToro account you may want to consider signing up with the broker. The steps we have provided in this guide will make the process easy for you. eToro is a multi asset platform and has lots of features and tools making it a top choice for all types of investor.
Our full review has lots more information including answers to questions like what are eToros fees and a list of countries where it is available. Whether you decide to open an eToro account will depend on your own requirements, however it’s a top option for investors and traders wanting a simplistic platform with access to lots of assets and technical features.
Our editors fact-check all content to ensure compliance with our strict editorial policy. The information in this article is supported by the following reliable sources.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >