In page navigation
- 1. How to buy AMC Entertainment (AMC) stock in 2023
- 2. Where to buy AMC stock?
- 3. How to buy stock in AMC in 3 simple steps
- 4. Compare the best platforms to buy AMC stock
- 5. Fundamental analysis of AMC shares
- 6. Is AMC a good investment for me?
- 7. How to sell AMC stock
- 8. Should I buy AMC stock now?
- 9. FAQs
How to buy AMC Entertainment (AMC) stock in 2023
Get started in minutes with our preferred broker,. 9/10
82% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
A big part of learning how to buy AMC stocks is finding the best place to make your investment. AMC stocks are available to invest in through an online stock broker, and it usually takes just a few minutes to buy shares in AMC when following our step by step guide.
Where to buy AMC stock?Copy link to section
Based on our research, we’ve ranked the top three brokers where you can buy AMC shares, according to how easy they are to use, how low their fees are, their safety and security rating, and average customer reviews.
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
Read more about how we test, rank & review platforms.
How to buy stock in AMC in 3 simple stepsCopy link to section
Buying AMC stock is quick and easy, all you need is an internet connection and a copy of your photo ID. Here’s how to do it.
Step 1. Sign up to eToroCopy link to section
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
Step 2. Make a depositCopy link to section
Transfer money to your new account with your credit or debit card, a bank transfer, or an alternative payment method, like PayPal. The minimum deposit is £10.
Step 3. Buy AMC sharesCopy link to section
Search for AMC using the ticker, AMC. Click the ‘trade’ button and enter the details of your investment, such as how many shares you want to buy or how much you want to spend. Hit ‘trade now’ to invest in AMC and complete your purchase.
It’s as easy as that! You can buy AMC shares in just 10-15 minutes and now you’re a AMC shareholder.
Compare the best platforms to buy AMC stockCopy link to section
Fundamental analysis of AMC sharesCopy link to section
What is AMC’s total worth?Copy link to section
AMC’s total net worth is $2.62 billion. This is its total market capitalisation, calculated by multiplying the number of shares outstaning on a stock exchange by the current share price.
How has AMC’s share price performed in recent years?Copy link to section
The current AMC stock price today is $5.10, which is 88.84 below its all time high of $44.61, which it reached on 02 June, 2021.
Overall, AMC is down 43% over the last five years. The AMC share price is down 69.1% in 2023 with a 52 week high of $34.33 and a 52 week low of $4.74.
What is AMC’s EPS?Copy link to section
AMC’s EPS is -$2.05. EPS stands for earnings per share and is calculated by dividing AMC’s net profit by the number of shares outstanding. It gives you an idea of how valuable a company is.
What is the AMC P/E ratio?Copy link to section
AMC’s P/E ratio is N/A. The P/E, or price to earnings ratio, tells you how much you would have to pay per share for $1 of AMC’s earnings.
It is calculated by dividing the share price by the earnings per share. You can use AMC’s earnings estimates to predict its future (or forward) P/E and set a target price you think the stock can reach.
What is AMC’s dividend yield?Copy link to section
AMC’s dividend yield is 0%. The dividend yield tells you how much of AMC’s share price it gives back to shareholders in dividend payments every year.
Is AMC stock a buy or sell?Copy link to section
The indicator below shows you live technical ratings for AMC stock on time frames from one minute to one month.
It tracks a selection of key technical indicators on live market data, including moving averages, relative strength index (RSI), oscillators, and momentum.
This indicator should be used when researching AMC to help you decide whether to buy AMC shares. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. It is not investment advice or a recommendation from Invezz to buy this stock.
Is AMC a good investment for me?Copy link to section
The right answer is different for each person, so here is some information to help you decide whether to buy stocks in AMC.
- AMC is a meme stock with a volatile price. The company is one of the best meme stocks but it is worth considering what that means before you invest. The stock can rise rapidly in a short space of time but it can fall dramatically as well, so you have to be prepared for the risk of losing a lot of money if you buy at the wrong time.
- Competition from streaming services may make AMC’s future tough. Cinemas have long been under pressure from streaming services like Netflix, the pandemic was simply the latest blow, and it might need more than free popcorn to reverse the trend.
- AMC is heavily reliant on new blockbuster movies. The threat from streaming services isn’t going away, but a return to cinema-exclusive blockbuster releases should at least help its revenues recover over the next few years.
- Its share price may return to penny stock territory. AMC’s stock has gradually been falling ever since hitting its all-time high back in June 2021. While there have been a few Reddit-inspired ‘pumps’ along the way, the end of 2022 saw AMC trading just above $5. Any lower and it will be considered a penny stock.
- AMC is best suited for the short term. Wild price swings are fairly common for AMC Entertainment Holdings and they are almost impossible to predict. This is a stock for people who like the thrill of the ride rather than a secure long-term investment.
It’s always a good idea to think about any potential risks there might be as well. Use this summary of AMC’s pros and cons before you make a final decision on whether to buy AMC stock.
ProsCopy link to section
- New blockbuster movies may help its recovery
- Its price is volatile and provides many short-term trading opportunities
- You can make a lot of profit very quickly if you’re on the right side
Are there other ways to buy shares in AMC?Copy link to section
Yes, you can invest in AMC stock in a few different ways. One option is to buy stock in AMC directly through an investment platform as laid out above, while another popular choice is to invest in a fund.
This can be a good investment strategy for beginners and a way to learn how to buy AMC shares from someone with more experience.
What are the fees for investing in AMC stock?Copy link to section
It depends on the stock broker. Some platforms charge a flat fee per trade, others charge a commission as a percentage of the total trade value each time you buy AMC stocks.
Consider that there may be other costs to trading too. Other fees can include deposit and withdrawal fees, or inactivity fees if you don’t use your account for three months or more.
These are the trading platforms that charge the lowest fees for buying stocks in AMC.
|Trading platform||Trading fees|
|Degiro||$0 (US) / £1.75 (UK)|
How to sell AMC stockCopy link to section
When you decide the time is right to sell and lock in some profit (or cut your losses), log into your broker account and navigate to your portfolio.
From there, find your AMC stock and you’ll see a ‘sell’ option next to it. Click that to set the details of the trade (you don’t have to sell all your stocks at once) and sell back to cash.
Should I buy AMC stock now?Copy link to section
It’s your investing goals and style that define whether now is a good time to buy. The current AMC stock price plays into it but ultimately it depends on your investment horizons.
- If you’re a short term trader: the goal is to make money by buying and selling stocks regularly to secure a profit or avoid a loss. That can mean trading hourly, daily, or weekly but the focus is always on the near future. Traders learn how to buy stocks in AMC based on short term technical analysis and don’t hold shares for a long time, so any time can be a good time to buy AMC.
- If you’re a long term investor: you’re more interested in long term price appreciation than whether a stock is up or down on any given day. The important thing is finding a stock with a strong foundation where you think the share price will be up over a period of months or years. If you think AMC’s fundamentals are solid then the best time to invest in AMC stock is after a dip or a pullback in price.
Most new traders sit somewhere between these two positions. You don’t want to actively trade AMC stock all hours of the day but you don’t want to wait years for a return either.
Either way, following AMC price news and analysis will help you decide when to dip your toe into the market.
AMC stock price is in a freefall but a 200% jump is possible
AMC reveals plans of a share sale – its stockholders are not happy
AMC stock price forecast: towards another 65% dip
FAQsCopy link to section
There is no perfect way to value a stock. You can use financial metrics like the P/E ratio to compare share prices among AMC and its competitors, where a higher ratio indicates that a stock is more expensive. But lots of different factors play into AMC’s share price and the ‘right’ valuation is often a matter of opinion.
It depends on where you live but you do normally have to pay capital gains tax any time you make money from investing in AMC.
Capital gains tax is often charged at 10-15% of your profit but there are ways to limit the amount you have to pay, by using tax-friendly stock market investment vehicles and writing off losses.
Speak to an accountant or a tax professional and check the tax laws where you live to find out more.
AMC’s ticker symbol is NYSE:AMC. A ticker symbol, or stock code, is a publicly traded company’s unique identifier so that you can find them on stock exchanges.
No, AMC does not pay a cash dividend.
AMC is considered medium to low risk when it comes to ESG criteria. Here’s a selection of scores from leading rating agencies for AMC Entertainment.
Refinitiv rates AMC 19/100. Refinitiv considered 10 key categories across ESG. The higher the score, the better.
Sustain Analytics rates AMC 17.8/100. Sustain Analytics assess business risk driven by ESG issues. The higher the score, the better.
ISS rates AMC 8/10. ISS rates the quality of corporate governance for companies. The higher the score, the better.
MSCI rates AMC ‘BBB’. MSCI scores companies based on their ESG risk. It’s ratings range from A-C, with A being the lowest risk.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >