How to buy Bumble shares
This guide gives you all the information you need to know in order to invest in Bumble shares. We go through how to invest in the stock market, a brief history of Bumble, and the best online brokers with which to execute your trades.
Compare the best platforms to invest in Bumble shares
You can buy shares immediately by visiting one of our trusted brokers below. We’ve assessed all the best brokers and compared them so that picking the right choice for you is quick and easy. If you’re not ready to invest yet, then keep reading for more information on Bumble.
How to buy Bumble shares, a step-by-step guide
The process of buying shares in Bumble isn’t massively complicated, so don’t worry even if you’re new to stock investing. These are the steps to follow in order to complete your investment:
- Choose a broker. In order to buy Bumble stock, you will need to use an online brokerage platform. There are many different options to choose from, each with their own unique benefits and drawbacks. The comparison table above can help you select the right broker for you, and you can head to our comprehensive broker reviews if you’re still unsure.
- Create an account. Once you’ve selected your broker, simply go to their website and create an account. The steps required for this will vary from platform to platform, but generally you can expect to have to provide your name, email address, phone number, and some form of photo identification.
- Deposit funds. Log into your broker account and select the option to deposit funds. Depending on your broker you’ll have a variety of payment options available; most brokers accept bank transfers and debit card payments, but not all accept e-wallets such as PayPal. Select your preferred payment method and deposit the amount of money you wish to invest in Bumble shares.
- Place an order for BMBL stock. Now navigate to the broker’s buying stocks page (a link to this can be found in the menu on the website). Here you’ll be able to search for Bumble’s ticker symbol (BMBL) and see the current price at which the stock is trading. If you’re happy with the price, enter the amount of shares you wish to buy and place your order.
- Execute your order. Once you have placed your order, your broker will automatically execute it for you and your Bumble shares will be listed in your account. Congratulations, you’ve just bought shares in Bumble!
What is Bumble? And should I invest?
Bumble is the parent company of the Bumble and Badoo apps, two of the most popular online dating services in the world. Bumble was set up in 2014 by Whitney Wolfe Herd, who previously co-founded the Tinder dating app.
Bumble is best known for its feature that lets women make the first move. In an era of social change defined by the #MeToo movement, its female-focused style helped it capture millions of users and ultimately to a listing on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange in 2021.
This success could make it a good time to invest. Bumble already owns a significant market share, with only Match Group (which operates seven dating sites including Tinder and Hinge) having more, and could be a good investment if the predicted growth over the next five years comes to fruition.
How has BMBL performed as an investment in recent years?
Bumble is quite a new listing, having only been available to buy since February 2021. It went public with a share price of $43 on opening day, which then quickly soared up to around $70.
That IPO ‘pop’ was driven by an increase in popularity that defied the pandemic. Despite worldwide ‘stay at home’ orders, dating apps still increased their user numbers in 2020 and Bumble was no different. It increased its revenue by almost $100m compared to 2019 and hit 100m users for the first time.
Its success is reflected in how Bumble’s valuation has increased. When the investment firm Blackrock acquired a majority stake in Bumble in 2019 it paid about $3bn, a far cry from the $13bn valuation the company received on the first day of trading.
Is it a good time to buy BMBL shares now?
It depends on your attitude towards investments. If you’re looking for a growth stock with potential then Bumble might be a good addition to your portfolio. It’s available cheaper than Match Group but is a bit more risky, with fewer apps under its umbrella.
The biggest thing to look out for is its growth potential. Badoo gives it a foothold in countries outside the US, especially in Europe and South America, which could be an avenue for increasing growth. Similarly, its apps aren’t solely focused on dating. Bumble includes functions for making friends too.
Ultimately, if you want to invest in dating apps then Bumble is one of your main options. You should stay on top of the competition, as well as signs of any new entries into the market. As Bumble itself has shown, an app with unique features can be a disruptive force. Use our market analysis to help you:
Buying, selling and trading Bumble shares for beginners
What to do before buying shares
You should always take the time to research a stock fully before investing your money, especially if you haven’t bought shares before. The more knowledge you have, the better your chances of making a wise investment.
With that in mind, here’s a checklist to run through before investing in Bumble shares.
- Research the company. You should always examine the fundamentals of a company before buying its stock. What is Bumble? How did the company get its start? How did it grow? Is Bumble’s revenue and profit growth picking up? Is the company innovating? The more you know about Bumble, the better positioned you’ll be to make smart investment decisions.
- Make sure you understand the basics of stock investing. Before you start, make sure you understand what the stock market is and how it works. This will ensure that you have more clearly defined goals and have thought through how you will achieve them.
- Decide between share dealing and CFD trading. Choose the type of investment strategy you want to pursue, and make sure you have carried out the necessary fundamental or technical analysis for share dealing and CFD trading respectively.
- Set the size of your budget. The golden rule of investing is never to risk more than you can afford to lose. Not every investment you make will result in a profit, so it is important to set a budget that not only allows good potential for capital growth, but also protects against overly damaging losses.
- Find the right broker. Individual brokers each have their own pros and cons. Some will have low fees but have a user interface you struggle to understand, whereas others may be a bit more expensive but come with a range of features that you want to take advantage of. Our broker reviews can help you find the right platform for you.
- Examine broader market conditions. No stock exists in a vacuum, and it’s always important to analyse the general trends of the stock market as a whole before investing. If a bear market is setting in and stock prices are falling, it’s best to wait it out and invest your money later when the stock is cheaper. If, however, the market is looking bullish, you’ll want to make your investment quickly to get the maximum benefit from rising stock prices. Use our latest news to keep on top of movements in the financial markets.
What is the difference between buying, selling, and trading shares?
If you’re new to stock investing, then it’s important to understand the basics of how to buy, sell, and trade Bumble shares. Here’s a quick run-through of what’s involved in each.
Buying Bumble shares
This process involves finding a broker and placing an order to buy Bumble stock, as outlined in the steps further up this page. Ideally you want to time your investment when the stock’s price is low so that you can profit by selling the shares after they increase in value.
Selling Bumble shares
When you sell any Bumble shares you have bought, you’ll want to do so at a higher price than the one at which you bought to earn a profit.
When you sell is up to you. You might decide to hold the shares for a long time, hoping to benefit from the company growing steadily throughout. Or, if you see that Bumble’s stock is already up a lot compared to the price you bought it and you’ve noticed that the stock market is starting to fall, it might make sense to sell and take your profits to invest elsewhere. Equally, if the stock has fallen since you bought it and looks set to fall further, it might be a good idea to cut your losses by selling your shares.
Trading Bumble shares
Trading is the same process as buying and selling shares, it’s just done over shorter periods of time with the aim to make small profits on a regular basis. This means that you can make money faster and spend your profits in your day-to-day life – however, on the other side it means you can lose money faster as well. For inexperienced investors, we generally recommend making investments for at least 6 months to a year instead of making trades in quick succession.
You can trade Bumble shares through buying and selling shares, or by trading with CFDs. These allow investors to speculate on stock prices and trade with leverage in pursuit of bigger gains. CFDs trading is explained further in the next section, but it is worth noting that beginners should avoid trading with leverage. It comes with large risks and is best left to experienced investors.
Ways to buy Bumble shares: share dealing and CFD trading
When it comes to investing in any stock, the two options you have are share dealing and trading. Which one of these methods to opt for largely depends on your investment timeline, with investors thinking long term tending to go for share dealing, and those looking for short term gains pursuing a more aggressive trading strategy.
Here’s a quick summary of the two approaches, and the pros and cons of each.
Share dealing refers to the practice of buying and holding shares in a particular company over the long term. When investing like this, you’re seeking to profit either from dividend payments or an increase in the stock’s price over time.
When investing your money this way, it is important to do thorough fundamental analysis of the company in which you are investing. Put your money in a stock you expect to trend up over time, even if there is some market volatility along the way, rather than get distracted by shorter term peaks and troughs.
- Can build wealth over time to achieve financial goals
- Don’t need to be very reactive to short-term market movements
- Some stocks will give you an income through regular dividend payments
- Takes a long time to realise any profits
- Your capital is tied up in stocks and cannot be used for other investments
If your aim is to generate profits in the short term, then you might be better off trading shares than holding them in your portfolio. Stock trades like this are executed using CFDs (contracts for difference), which allow investors to trade against the value of a stock without having to take ownership of it. When CFD trading, investors are looking to buy and sell stocks fast to profit from short-term fluctuations in value.
One aspect of CFD trading that many investors find attractive is that they allow you to trade with leverage. This means you can place large trades while only putting up a fraction of the value yourself – for instance, if a platform offered leverage of 1:10, you could put £10 into BMBL shares and be able to trade £100 worth. This can maximise profits if the market moves in your favour, but be careful as it can also lead to heavy losses.
When trading using CFDs, it is key to be skilled at technical analysis and reading stock price charts. As you’re trading stocks quickly and frequently, the fundamental strength of the company in which you’re investing isn’t as important as being able to predict how its stock price will rise and fall minute-by-minute.
- Can generate fast profits if you read the market right
- Some platforms allow you to trade with leverage
- Prevents your capital being tied up so you can take advantage of investment opportunities
- Trading with leverage is risky and can lead to big losses
- Doesn’t necessarily generate growth over the long term
Consider which approach suits you best and craft an investment strategy that works for you. If you need more information, you can learn how to trade CFDs as part of our stock trading course to get you up to speed.
If neither of these options appeal to you, then you can find a variety of other ways to invest in BMBL stock on this page. If, however, you’re ready to buy Bumble shares now, simply select one of the brokers in the table above and get started.
How to choose a broker
With the wide variety of online brokers available these days, it can be hard to figure out which is the best service to go with. Our comparison table and in-depth reviews can help you cut through the noise, but by and large these are the aspects you should be considering when selecting a broker:
- Range of stocks available. The most important thing is that you can actually use the broker to buy the shares you’re looking for. Some brokers offer more stocks than others, and many will allow you to trade other assets, like cryptocurrency.
- Fees and commissions. You want to keep as large a chunk of your profits as you can, so it’s important to make sure your broker doesn’t charge high fees that can eat into your profits.
- Regulation. You should only use regulated brokers to place trades and buy shares. Unregulated brokers can be risky and offer little to no protection if the business were to fail while you had funds in your account.
- Payment methods available. You might want to buy Bumble shares using a specific payment method, such as PayPal. Not all brokers accept every payment method, but using our comparisons you can search only the brokers that support the option you’re looking for.
- Reputation. One of the strongest indicators of a broker’s reliability is the reputation it has with the customers who have used it. Brokers are online businesses, and as such many user experiences can be found online. You can check these out in addition to our reviews to make sure you choose the right platform.
- Customer service. As you’re going to be investing your money using the platform, you want to check that the broker offers good customer service in case you have a query or something goes wrong.
Latest Bumble news
Stock trading courses
Long-term Stock Investing
Short-term Stock Trading
- 1. How to buy Bumble shares
- 2. Compare the best platforms to invest in Bumble shares
- 3. How to buy Bumble shares, a step-by-step guide
- 4. What is Bumble? And should I invest?
- 5. Buying, selling and trading Bumble shares for beginners
- 6. Ways to buy Bumble shares: share dealing and CFD trading
- 7. How to choose a broker