Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Coca Cola (KO) - All you need to know
Ways to invest in Coca-Cola
Most of the routes start with choosing an online stock broker and buying up shares in the company. Simply sign up, verify your identity and fund your account with fiat money. You may have to pay small commission fees on each trade, though these have significantly reduced for most platforms in recent years.
If this doesn’t appeal to you, rest assured that there are countless other ways to get your hands on Coca-Cola, and we have outlined some of the top methods on this page. We have also incorporated links for you to click that expand on the information in this hub.
What is Coca-Cola?
Coca-Cola is one of the largest beverage companies in the world. Capitalising on multiple different parts of the process, the company manufactures a variety of beverages, and it also operates units that market, bottle, and sell them.
If you don’t understand stocks or the stock market very well, we highly recommend our Stock Markets 101 course. Reading this gives you the knowledge you need to approach any stock investment with more confidence.
How to invest in Coca-Cola
This is a list of some of the top Coca-Cola investment methods. If at any time you want to find out more, simply click the appropriate link and get reading.
- Coca-Cola stock brokers. If you want to keep things simple, you can buy shares through an online broker. Many online brokers require just a few clicks to place a trade, charge just a few pounds per trade in commission, and process your trades in a few seconds. In addition, the best online brokers offer research tools to help guide your investing decisions. To find a broker that fulfils your needs, check out our in-depth and reviews and see what is available.
- Coca-Cola mutual funds. A mutual fund lets you contribute to a pool of money along with many different investors. A mutual fund manager then invests that pool of money in an array of different stocks, which in this case, includes Coca-Cola. This can be a really good way of Coca-Cola investing without having to spend significant time monitoring your portfolio.
- Coca-Cola ETFs. You can buy or sell an ETF, like a FTSE 100 ETF, just like a stock. They are a collection of individual company stocks and assets that are usually within a certain economic sector. In the case of Coca-Cola, it is present in ETFs with a focus on food and beverage companies. ETF investments are diversified because you are not solely reliant on the market performance of a single stock or asset, meaning it is less risky.
- Coca-Cola CFDs. Rather than owning Coca-Cola stock outright, you can use a CFD, which gives you the exposure to the share price of the company without owning shares outright. In the case of CFDs, buyers pay the seller the difference between the current value of an asset and the value of the asset on the contract’s date. CFDs can be cheaper and more flexible than stocks, and they also work in conjunction with leverage, so you can increase the size of your trades by effectively loaning stock from a broker for a fee.
- Coca-Cola trusts. Trusts are great for investors with an emphasis on teamwork. They are especially popular in the UK, and function as collective, closed-end investments. Essentially, you own Coca-Cola stock through the trust, which attracts many different investors at the same time.
- Coca-Cola ISAs. An ISA is a form of savings account that you may have already heard of or used, though you may not have realised that Coca-Cola shares can be a part of it. The investment cap for the current tax year is £20,000 of your income, and it can be an excellent way of putting your money to work in the background while you get on with your life.
Where can I buy Coca Cola shares now?
Recent Coca Cola news
Latest Coca-Cola price analysis
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >