Ways to invest in EasyJet
The most common method is to buy shares in a company with an online broker. All you have to do is pick one, sign up, and deposit some money before you’re good to go. When you get EasyJet stock through a broker you can hold onto it for as long as you like.
That’s just one way to invest, however. There are lots more that you should learn about so that you can pick which one suits your needs best. There are managed trusts and funds that you can use to hand over the responsibility of picking stocks to a professional. Or you can make all your investments from within your own ISA, protecting the money from tax. The links below direct you to individual pages which talk about some of these methods in more detail.
What is EasyJet?
EasyJet is a discount airline operator serving numerous destinations across Europe. Based in England, EasyJet is the second-largest low-fare airline on the continent, behind Ryanair. It offers short-haul flights on more than a thousand different routes across 30 countries.
As you begin your investing journey, it’s a good idea to learn your way around the stock market first. Our Stock Markets 101 course gives you all the basics, from how it all works to what makes share prices move, and how to get some stocks of your own.
How to invest in EasyJet
You can invest in EasyJet stock in lots of different ways. The list below includes all the different methods and you can follow the links to learn about each one in more detail. You can use this list to help you pick an investment strategy that works for you.
- Stock brokers. The best and easiest way to invest for most casual investors is to sign up with a stock broker and buy shares through their platform. Online brokers usually require just a few clicks to place a trade and charge low-to-no fees for doing so. And many now come with their own stock trading app so you can manage your portfolio from anywhere.
- Mutual funds. A mutual fund is a professionally managed investment where you contribute money along with lots of other investors. The mutual fund manager invests that pool of money in many different stocks to create a diverse portfolio. Funds vary in performance and in the shares they hold, so it’s a good idea to research around to find a top-performing mutual fund that owns EasyJet shares.
- Exchange-traded funds. An ETF is like a mutual fund except rather than a manager choosing which stocks to hold, the fund owns every stock in a certain index or market. ETFs trade like individual stocks, with similar bid and ask prices and rapid trade execution. They are often the best option for investors who don’t want to pay extra for a fund manager or micromanage their own portfolio, as you can gain exposure to lots of different stocks as part of the ETF. To find one that holds EasyJet, you might think about buying an airline ETF or one that tracks the London Stock Exchange.
- Investment trusts. A trust is also like a mutual fund, except rather than having a potentially infinite number of investors, the total amount of money the manager has at their disposal is limited. To buy into one, you have to buy shares in the trust from someone else and replace their contribution to the pool with yours. Trusts tend to perform a bit better than funds, although it can vary, and you have to put up more money up front to gain access.
- Contracts for difference. A CFD is a very different type of investment vehicle, aimed at short term traders who want to take advantage of small price changes in a stock. A CFD is an agreement between a buyer and a seller where the former pays the latter the difference between the current value of an asset and the value of that asset on the contract’s date. Unlike share dealing, with a CFD you benefit from movement in EasyJet’s stock price without owning the shares.
- Individual Savings Accounts. An ISA is a tax-free personal account that can be used to protect your savings or investments from tax. You can sign up for a stocks and shares ISA and use that to make your investments so that any gains you make are tax-exempt. The amount is limited to £20,000 per year in the UK, but it’s the best way to get started as an investor.
Where can I buy EasyJet shares now?
Latest EasyJet price analysis
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >