In page navigation
Compare 5 best online brokers & trading platforms in UAE for 2023
The Invezz team of expert traders, data analysts, and financial writers frequently test the best trading platforms. Amongst a range of features, we ranked the top brokers in UAE according to their affordability, security, and available international markets.
In this article, we answer the question: what are the best online brokers in UAE for Emirati users?
Best stock trading platforms in UAE 2023
Our rankings reveal that the best Emirati stock broker is eToro .
Having assessed 100+ brokers, this list represents the five services that top our rankings as the overall best trading platforms in UAE.
Top 5 online brokers in UAE, reviewed
1. eToro. Best for beginners, copy-trading & demo-account
Pros & Cons
We love eToro because you can trade more than 3,000 stocks, commission free. When you buy stocks on eToro, you’re buying the underlying asset, which means you can earn dividends. Or you can trade fractional shares, which means you can invest in even the most expensive stock from just $10.
As well as being a broker that offers lots of investor protection, eToro offers a very social trading experience. You can easily see what’s trending on the stock market every day, browse the latest analyst opinion about every one of those stocks, and copy other people’s trade suggestions from your desktop or the eToro app.
The fees: Stock and ETF trades are commission free. Stock CFDs are charged a 0.15% spread and overnight fees can apply. You can deposit money for free but you have to pay $5 per withdrawal, and there’s a minimum withdrawal of $30. A $10 per month activity fee is charged if you don’t log in for a year.
2. Public. Best for sharing beginner trading ideas
Pros & Cons
We love Public because it’s a social platform where you can share trading tips and get ideas from other people. Public offers 9,000+ financial instruments, including cryptocurrencies and stocks from around the world.
Alongside a community of other investors all sharing their ideas, Public offers real time news and information so that you can see the full picture before you invest. And the assets don’t just include your run-of-the-mill assets; you can make alternative investments in things like handbags and comic books as well.
The fees: There are no fees for investing in stocks during regular trading hours in the US – 9.30am-4pm EST. There is a $2.99 fee for trades outside of regular hours.
How we chose the best Emirati trading platforms
Our reviewing panel is made up of industry experts, including our Data Analyst, Dan Ashmore, CFA, our Senior Editor of News, Jayson Derrick, and expert trader, Prash Raval. The panel also includes an independent fact checker, Richard Stutely.
Here are the key factors that played into the final ranking.
- Fees. We prioritised platforms that charge low trading fees, don’t charge for deposits or withdrawals, and don’t charge any hidden fees.
- Device availability. If a platform is available across all devices as a mobile app, that deserves a boost. In a mobile world, you need stock trading apps in UAE to work across mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- Platform security. All services we recommend are regulated by respected financial institutions and provide investor protection in the event that anything goes wrong.
- Free demo accounts. All the best stockbrokers in UAE should offer the chance to test their service before you pay for it. We gave the brokers with the best demo accounts a boost in our rankings.
- Access to global markets. International stock brokers in UAE that allow you to invest in global markets, particularly popular ones like the United States, scored well in our reviews.
- Trading and analysis tools. Trading platforms that offer analysis tools make it easier to do all your research and trading in one place. Any broker that offered this convenience scored well.
- Third-party integrations. Many traders like to use software like MetaTrader 4 or cTrader to place trades. We gave special attention to brokers that integrate with these services.
- Customer reviews. Finally, we looked into customer reviews, to make sure that we only recommend platforms where the majority of customers had a positive experience.
Find out more about how we rate, rank, and review platforms.
More about stock trading platforms in UAE
What products can I trade with an Emirati stock broker?
You can trade stocks from the United Arab Emirates, or invest in leading companies from around the world. Here’s a breakdown of what (and how) you can trade with an online broker in UAE.
- Emirati stocks. One option is to simply buy and sell stocks that are listed in UAE. This is normally the most straightforward option, as you can buy shares in any company that’s listed on an Emirati stock exchange.
- US stocks. Some of the best known companies in the world are listed in the United States. Most Emirati trading platforms also let you invest in stocks that are listed on the NYSE or the NASDAQ exchange in the United States, but it depends on the legal restrictions in UAE.
- International stocks. You may also be able to buy shares in companies that are based in the rest of the world. The best international brokers in UAE offer global stocks, but it may be a limited selection. If you want to buy equities from outside the United Arab Emirates or the US, be sure to check those stocks are available through your trading platform before you sign up.
ETFs (exchange traded funds) are investment funds that pool money together from lots of different investors and use it to track a particular index, like the S&P 500. Even if you can’t invest in every stock from every country, you can usually find an alternative in an ETF that tracks the performance of UAE’s top stock exchanges and indexes.
Mutual funds are professionally managed investments. You buy shares in the fund through an online trading platform and the manager decides what to invest it in.
Mutual funds and ETFs are similar, but the former are managed by a professional who tries to beat the market, while the latter buy and sell stocks automatically based on a set of fixed criteria.
Futures and options
Futures and options contracts involve making an agreement to purchase a stock in the future at an agreed price. They’re favoured by stock traders and can be used as a way of speculating on how you think a company’s price might change in the future.
How much does it cost to use an Emirati trading platform?
It is normally free to sign up to a stock trading platform in UAE. The main cost comes in the form of trading fees, which depend on the platform and on what you want to trade. Some of the best trading apps in UAE offer completely free trading, while others charge a flat fee or commission per trade.
Are stock brokers in the United Arab Emirates regulated?
Yes, online stock brokers have to be regulated in order to offer share dealing services. Ideally, you want to find a broker that offers top-tier regulatory protection either through your local regulator, or through an internationally recognised institution. The best brokers in UAE are regulated internationally through institutions such as CySEC (Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission).
How to start trading in UAE
- Find an Emirati trading broker. Choose your favourite trading platform from the list at the top of this page.
- Create an account and deposit money. To set up an account you need to provide a form of photo ID. Have that to hand, and then transfer some money to the account via a card payment, bank transfer, or an alternative payment method like PayPal.
- Search for a stock and place your trade. Find the stocks you want to trade using their ticker symbol. Enter the details of our trade, and hit ‘buy’ to execute it.
eToro is the best beginner-friendly broker in UAE. It offers low fee trading, a top tier demo account, and industry-leading security.
The broker with the lowest fees in UAE is eToro . Low cost, in terms of trading fees, commissions, and other fees, is often the easiest way to find the best trading platform in UAE for a casual trader.
The best trading app in UAE is eToro . The best apps in UAE have a quality, intuitive design, and let you trade stocks with zero commission.
The best demo account is available from eToro . It offers a realistic trading experience, where you can trade any stock that’s available on the platform using virtual money, and track your virtual profit and loss to see how you would have done.
eToro is the safest broker in UAE. It has a wide customer base, top-tier regulation, and account protection tools like two-factor authentication to keep your money safe.
Yes, it’s completely legal to invest in stocks from Dubai or Abu Dhabi. You don’t need to worry, as your broker will use your location to restrict access to any markets or stocks that aren’t allowed in UAE anyway.
More of the best brokers by country
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >