How to buy UiPath shares
UiPath has been a private company since its inception, but this is now set to change as it conducts an initial public offering (IPO). The company has filed to raise around $1 billion, and it could be a significant event ahead of a new phase of growth. With this in mind, this page explains everything you need to know, including the history of the company and how to buy UiPath shares.
UiPath has been experiencing success privately for going on two decades, and now the company intends to accelerate this growth with an IPO. The company has filed preliminary documents (more specifically, an S-1 registration statement) ahead of its maiden voyage onto the public markets.
This is a route taken by many companies who want to raise capital to bankroll growth spending. Moreover, there are other positives to going public. First, abiding by the regulator’s stringent rules improves the reputation of a company, and it seems more transparent. In addition, it helps get the story out to new investors who perhaps haven’t heard of the company before.
The company intends to list with the ticker PATH, and on the day of its IPO, anyone who wants to buy shares in UiPath, including you, can get involved. Making an early investment can be a smart move because it can mean investing at a time when the company is just beginning to grow.
When is the IPO?
A date is not yet set in stone, though it is very likely to be sometime this year. To find out when the date is announced first, bookmark this page and check in on it periodically. Moreover, reading our news can inform you of the latest developments as soon as they happen.
Can I pre-order UiPath shares?
Generally, no. However, on specific platforms, such as IG, investors are able to take a position in a stock before it becomes publicly traded. This is a risky kind of investment on something called a grey market, and all prices are based on predictions of a company’s market cap rather than a true market value.
Where can I do this?
Once UiPath is public, we highly recommend using an online stockbroker to buy shares. These platforms allow you to manage your entire investment portfolio quickly – even if you are on the move – through websites or apps. Sign up well in advance of the UiPath IPO because once all the issued shares are gone, you will have to buy them from someone else at a price they decide.
Compare the best platforms to invest in UiPath shares
If you are wondering where to buy UiPath shares when it goes public, then look no further. The below companies are great options to make an investment. For more on UiPath, scroll down this page.
How to buy UiPath shares, a step-by-step guide
Anyone can buy shares in UiPath, and it can be a great way to make your money work as hard as you do. Below are the 5 steps that you should follow to successfully invest in the company.
- Choose a broker. In order to buy UiPath stock, you will need to use an online brokerage platform. There are many different options to choose from, each with their own unique benefits and drawbacks. The comparison table above can help you select the right broker for you, and you can head to our comprehensive broker reviews if you’re still unsure.
- Create an account. Once you’ve selected your broker, simply go to their website and create an account. The steps required for this will vary from platform to platform, but generally you can expect to have to provide your name, email address, phone number, and some form of photo identification.
- Deposit funds. Log into your broker account and select the option to deposit funds. Depending on your broker you’ll have a variety of payment options available; most brokers accept bank transfers and debit card payments, but not all accept e-wallets such as PayPal. Select your preferred payment method and deposit the amount of money you wish to invest in UiPath shares.
- Place an order for UiPath stock. Now navigate to the broker’s buying stocks page (a link to this can be found in the menu on the website). Here you’ll be able to search for UiPath’s ticker symbol and see the current price at which the stock is trading. If you’re happy with the price, enter the amount of shares you wish to buy and place your order.
- Execute your order. Once you have placed your order, your broker will automatically execute it for you and your UiPath shares will be listed in your account. Congratulations, you’ve just bought shares in UiPath!
What is UiPath? And should I invest?
UiPath is an innovative technology company that was founded in Bucharest, Romania in 2005. The company provides software that is designed to automate repetitive front and back office tasks, saving companies time and money.
It has developed a vast suite of products that are tailored to a variety of applications, and these have clearly captured the imagination of various institutional investors, as the company has raised $1.2 billion to date, with a present value of $10.2 billion. Major companies like Salesforce have also shown their hand with an investment.
Progressing from a humble startup to an established tech player, UiPath is perceived as a company with plenty of credentials for growth. If you are interested in the technology sector, and you want to make an investment in a company that exhibits significant promise, UiPath could be an intriguing option.
How has UiPath performed in recent years?
The company has performed exceptionally well on a financial front. In fact, its annual recurring revenues have climbed to a substantial $600 million, up from about $100 million two years ago. If this rate of growth were to continue once the company is public, investors would be very pleased indeed. UiPath has managed to automate millions of tasks for over 65% of the Fortune 500.
While COVID-19 has negatively impacted other companies, it appears to have been an accelerative catalyst for UiPath’s products. This is because the additional pressure on the finances of companies has highlighted the urgency for cost-cutting automated solutions. UiPath has taken the initiative and marketed itself as a company that intends to help employers operate efficiently in the new normal.
UiPath will be hoping to make use of its roughly 3,000 employees to continue innovating and creating optimisations, and artificial intelligence appears to be a major area of focus moving forward. Among its 6,300 customers are major companies like Google, Amazon and NASA, so if UiPath can make the product, it will almost certainly be acquired.
Is it a good time to buy UiPath shares now?
You can’t buy UiPath shares right now; you need to wait until it has its IPO. Before you decide to invest, make sure you know exactly who you are as an investor. For example, you might be a patient, long-term investor who wants to put their money to work in the background. If this is the case, conduct a detailed fundamental analysis of UiPath and make sure it is a company that will perform well in the long run.
By contrast, you may be a short-term trader. Since UiPath is a relatively new company, and it is detailing with innovative technologies, the potential for volatility is quite high, so if you understand this and think you can take advantage of it, buying shares may be a solid move.
Whichever way you choose to invest, make sure you keep informed about the latest stock market news that could affect your investment portfolio first. We have compiled a list of our most recent market analysis below to help inform your financial decisions:
Should I buy Tesla shares after an analyst from Morgan Stanley raised its price target to $900?
Procter & Gamble reported better than expected Q3 results. Should I invest in May?
Should I invest in Netflix (NFLX) stock after disappointing subscriber adds and guidance?
Buying, selling and trading UiPath shares for beginners
What to do before buying shares
You should always take the time to research a stock fully before investing your money, especially if you haven’t bought shares before. The more knowledge you have, the better your chances of making a wise investment.
With that in mind, here’s a checklist to run through before investing in UiPath shares.
- Research the company. You should always examine the fundamentals of a company before buying its stock. What is UiPath? How did the company get its start? How did it grow? Is UiPath’s revenue and profit growth picking up? Is the company innovating? The more you know about UiPath, the better positioned you’ll be to make smart investment decisions.
- Make sure you understand the basics of stock investing. Before getting involved in the stock market, make sure you have an understanding of how it works. This will ensure that you have more clearly defined goals and have thought through how you will achieve them.
- Decide between share dealing and CFD trading. Choose the type of investment strategy you want to pursue, and make sure you have carried out the necessary fundamental or technical analysis for share dealing and CFD trading respectively.
- Set the size of your budget. The golden rule of investing is never to risk more than you can afford to lose. Not every investment you make will result in a profit, so it is important to set a budget that not only allows good potential for capital growth, but also protects against overly damaging losses.
- Find the right broker. Individual brokers each have their own pros and cons. Some will have low fees but have a user interface you struggle to understand, whereas others may be a bit more expensive but come with a range of features that you want to take advantage of. Our reviews can help you find the right platform for you.
- Examine broader market conditions. No stock exists in a vacuum, and it’s always important to analyse the general trends of the stock market as a whole before investing. If a bear market is setting in and stock prices are falling, it’s best to wait it out and invest your money later when the stock is cheaper. If, however, the market is looking bearish, you’ll want to make your investment quickly to get the maximum benefit from rising stock prices. Our news can help you keep on top of movements in the financial markets.
What is the difference between buying, selling, and trading shares?
If you’re new to stock investing, then it’s important to understand the basics of how to buy, sell, and trade UiPath shares. Here’s a quick run-through of what’s involved in each.
Buying UiPath shares
This process involves finding a broker and placing an order to buy UiPath stock, as outlined in the steps further up this page. Ideally you want to time your investment when the stock’s price is low so that you can profit by selling the shares after they increase in value.
Selling UiPath shares
When you sell any UiPath shares you have bought, you’ll want to do so at a higher price than the one at which you bought to earn a profit.
When you sell is up to you. You might decide to hold for the long term, hoping to benefit from the company growing steadily throughout. Or, if you see that UiPath’s stock is already up a lot compared to the price you bought it and you’ve noticed that the stock market is starting to fall, it might make sense to sell and take your profits to invest elsewhere. Equally, if the stock has fallen since you bought it and looks set to fall further, it might be a good idea to cut your losses by selling your shares.
Trading UiPath shares
Trading is the same process as buying and selling shares, it’s just done over shorter periods of time with the aim to make small profits on a regular basis. This means that you can make money faster and spend your profits in your day-to-day life – however, on the other side it means you can lose money faster as well. For inexperienced investors, we generally recommend making investments for at least 6 months to a year instead of making trades in quick succession.
You can trade UiPath shares through buying and selling shares, or by trading with CFDs. These allow investors to speculate on stock prices and trade with leverage in pursuit of bigger gains. CFDs trading is explained further in the next section, but it is worth noting that beginners should avoid trading with leverage. It comes with large risks and is best left to experienced investors.
Ways to buy UiPath shares: share dealing and CFD trading
When it comes to investing in any stock, the two options you have are share dealing and trading. Which one of these methods to opt for largely depends on your investment timeline, with investors thinking long term tending to go for share dealing, and those looking for short term gains pursuing a more aggressive trading strategy.
Here’s a quick summary of the two approaches, and the pros and cons of each.
Share dealing refers to the practice of buying and holding shares in a particular company over the long term. When investing like this, you’re seeking to profit either from dividend payments or an increase in the stock’s price over time.
When investing your money this way, it is important to do a thorough fundamental analysis of the company in which you are investing. You want to put your money in a stock you believe will trend upwards over time, even if there is some market volatility along the way, rather than get distracted by shorter-term peaks and troughs.
- Can build wealth over time to achieve financial goals
- Don’t need to be very reactive to short-term market movements
- Some stocks will give you an income through regular dividend payments
- Takes a long time to realise any profits
- Your capital is tied up in stocks and cannot be used for other investments
If your aim is to generate profits in the short term, then you might be better off trading shares than holding them in your portfolio. Stock trades like this are executed using CFDs (contracts for difference), which allow investors to trade against the value of a stock without having to take ownership of it. When CFD trading, investors are looking to buy and sell stocks fast to profit from short-term fluctuations in value.
One aspect of CFD trading that many investors find attractive is that they allow you to trade with leverage. This means you can place large trades while only putting up a fraction of the value yourself – for instance, if a platform offered leverage of 1:10, you could put £10 into UiPath shares and be able to trade £100 worth. This can maximise profits if the market moves in your favour, but be careful as it can also lead to heavy losses.
When trading using CFDs, it is key to be skilled at technical analysis and reading stock price charts. As you’re trading stocks quickly and frequently, the fundamental strength of the company in which you’re investing isn’t as important as being able to predict how its stock price will rise and fall minute-by-minute.
- Can generate fast profits if you read the market right
- Some platforms allow you to trade with leverage
- Prevents your capital being tied up so you can take advantage of investment opportunities
- Trading with leverage is risky and can lead to big losses
- Doesn’t necessarily generate growth over the long term
Consider which approach suits you best and craft an investment strategy that works for you. If you need more information, then simply take our stock trading course and read our guide to CFD trading to get you up to speed.
If neither of these options appeal to you, then you can find a variety of other ways to invest in UiPath stock on this page. If, however, you’re ready to buy UiPath shares now, simply select one of the brokers in the table above and get started.
How to choose a broker
With the wide variety of online stockbrokers available these days, it can be hard to figure out which is the best service to go with. Our comparison table and in-depth reviews can help you cut through the noise, but by and large, these are the aspects you should be considering when selecting a broker:
- Range of stocks available. The most important thing is that you can actually use the broker to buy the shares you’re looking for. Some brokers offer more stocks than others, and many will allow you to trade other assets, such as forex and commodities.
- Fees and commissions. You want to keep as large a chunk of your profits as you can, so it’s important to make sure your broker doesn’t charge high fees that can eat into your profits.
- Regulation. You should only use regulated brokers to place trades and buy shares. Unregulated brokers can be risky and offer little to no protection if the business were to fail while you had funds in your account.
- Payment methods available. You might want to buy UiPath shares using a specific payment method, such as PayPal. Not all brokers accept every payment method, but using our comparisons you can search only the brokers that support the option you’re looking for.
- Reputation. One of the strongest indicators of a broker’s reliability is the reputation it has with the customers who have used it. Brokers are online businesses, and as such many user experiences can be found online. You can check these out in addition to our reviews to make sure you choose the right platform.
- Customer service. As you’re going to be investing your money using the platform, you want to check that the broker offers good customer service in case you have a query or something goes wrong.
Latest UiPath news
Reports of major US tax increase sends stocks tumbling
Crude Oil Price: Implications of Rising COVID-19 Cases in Japan and India
Credit Suisse swings to loss in the first quarter due to Archegos scandal
Here’s why Bitcoin (BTC) price is struggling this week as Ethereum (ETH) hits new highs
The latest SPAC deal to know about: Smart home system company SmartRent to go public
Southwest Airlines reports a narrower than expected loss in fiscal Q1
Stock trading courses
Long-term Stock Investing
Short-term Stock Trading
- 1. How to buy UiPath shares
- 2. UiPath IPO
- 3. Compare the best platforms to invest in UiPath shares
- 4. How to buy UiPath shares, a step-by-step guide
- 5. What is UiPath? And should I invest?
- 6. Buying, selling and trading UiPath shares for beginners
- 7. Ways to buy UiPath shares: share dealing and CFD trading
- 8. How to choose a broker