Accuracy is our number one priority. Our editors constantly review content across Invezz, ensuring all information is up-to-date and maintained where necessary. Read more about our fact-checking process >
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >
Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Our time calculator allows you to know the exact amount of time that passes between two set points. Read on to learn how the Invezz time calculator works.
How to use our time calculator
Using our time calculator is a simple process. Just follow these steps:
- Enter a number of days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Select add or subtract to add or subtract time from those initial totals.
- Enter the amount of time you want to add or subtract.
- Click calculate to see your results.
How the time calculator works
The Invezz time calculator tool’s main function is to make calculations with units of time as simple as calculations with regular numbers. It does so by working in like units of time (minutes to minutes, etc.), then performing the maths and giving you an exact figure. You can also use our time calculator to perform calculations such as adding time to or subtracting time from a given date.
Why should I use it?
Simply put, time is money. Having a better understanding of how time works can help you be more efficient in the way you use it. It can be complicated to work out exact periods of time when dealing with different units, and this calculator gives precise figures at the click of a button.
What to consider when budgeting your time
Here are some other factors to consider when budgeting your time:
- Expect the unexpected. That simple task that you dismiss with a wave of the hand and a nonchalant “five minutes”? It will probably take longer. Learn to bake unexpected circumstances into how you budget your time.
- Understand opportunity cost. Opportunity cost is an economic term that refers to the rewards you give up by choosing one investment while not making another. Time works the same way: before you go do something that will take up a lot of time, ask yourself if that time could be better spent doing something more productive, or even simply more fun.
- Set deadlines for yourself. Setting deadlines can help you focus better, understanding that you only have a finite amount of time to get a given task done. The result can be more efficient use of your time during productive hours, and thus more time to enjoy leisure.