Invezz is an independent platform with the goal of helping users achieve financial freedom. In order to fund our work, we partner with advertisers who compensate us for users that Invezz refers to their services. While our reviews and assessments of each product on the site are independent and unbiased, brands may pay to appear higher up our table rankings or place ads in specific areas of the site. The order in which products and services appear on Invezz does not represent an endorsement from us, and please be aware that there may be other platforms available to you than the products and services that appear on our website. Read more about how we make money >
Ways to invest in Tron
The first thing to do if you want to invest in Tron is to sign up with an online broker or exchange platform. These services let you buy, sell, or trade Tron, and there are both positives and negatives to each approach.
There are lots of different strategies you can use to invest in a coin. You can buy and hold them to benefit from price increases over time, or trade them quickly to try to take advantage of fluctuations in value. Use the links below to learn more about each method of investing in Tron.
What is Tron?
Tron is a digital entertainment platform that brings content creators and consumers together without needing a middleman. Rather than a central authority controlling the content, creators get paid directly using Tron’s cryptocurrency – TRX – and are free to share what they’ve produced with anyone.
Learn more about how it all works by taking our Tron 101 course, which gives you a good grounding in the basics so you understand what you’re investing in. Then read on to find out how to invest.
How to invest in Tron
There are now many different approaches you can take to investing in Tron. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with all of them before you start your investment journey, so you’re well-placed to pick one that works for you. The list below gives you a summary of the options.
- Broker platforms. A broker is the most straightforward way to invest. You can sign up for an account in a matter of minutes, then search for the Tron coin and buy immediately at a fixed price. The broker might charge you a small commission for each trade, so if you plan on being active then it might be worth looking for one that doesn’t charge trading fees.
- Cryptocurrency exchanges. Exchanges are peer-to-peer trading platforms, which means you buy and sell from other users rather than going through a middleman. That means the prices are usually better on an exchange – because no one is taking a cut – but the interface can take a bit of getting used to. Many leading exchanges let you buy coins with your fiat currency (like GBP or USD) but be aware that some might only accept deposits in cryptocurrency.
- Funds. A fund is a managed portfolio that pools together money from lots of different investors. The fund manager decides what assets to buy and when, with the goal of creating a good return for everyone involved. Funds charge management fees and are usually quite expensive to join, so might not be the best choice for everyone.
- Mutual funds. A mutual fund is just like a fund but more accessible to casual investors. You can buy shares in a mutual fund like you would a company’s stock and they can be a great way to create an instantly diverse portfolio. They also charge management fees, so look for one that holds Tron, has a good track record of positive returns, and doesn’t charge too much in fees.
- Tron ETFs. Exchange-traded funds track the performance of a market or index by owning all the assets within it. They are very easy to buy as they also trade just like stocks, with the added bonus that they don’t charge much in fees. ETFs are ideal for beginner investors, or anyone who doesn’t have the time to manage their own portfolio.
- Crypto debit cards. Debit cards let you spend your coins on everyday purchases online. The crypto version of the cards work just like your bank card, where you can spend anything that’s in your account.
- Smartphone apps. There are mobile apps that can help you spend or invest in Tron on the go. Most online brokers have an app that you can link to your account, with many of the same features as you would find on their website.
- Tron wallets. A wallet is the best place to store coins. It uses encryption to keep them safe from any malicious activity and so they can only be accessed by entering a private key that’s unique to you. You can get all sorts of wallets, from mobile apps to heavy-duty offline ones, depending on how security-conscious you are.
Where can I buy Tron now?
Recent Tron news
Latest Tron price analysis
Fact-checking & references
Our editors fact-check all content to ensure compliance with our strict editorial policy. The information in this article is supported by the following reliable sources.
Invezz is a place where people can find reliable, unbiased information about finance, trading, and investing – but we do not offer financial advice and users should always carry out their own research. The assets covered on this website, including stocks, cryptocurrencies, and commodities can be highly volatile and new investors often lose money. Success in the financial markets is not guaranteed, and users should never invest more than they can afford to lose. You should consider your own personal circumstances and take the time to explore all your options before making any investment. Read our risk disclaimer >