Earnings season is far from over: these 8 retailers are scheduled to report next
- Several U.S. retailers are scheduled to report quarterly financial results this week.
- Placer.ai offers insight into what to expect from 8 retailers as they report earnings.
- Data suggests foot traffic at many retailers has returned to pre-pandemic levels.
The earnings season is far from over as many retailers are on deck to report their quarterly results. Here’s what you can expect from these notable retailers as they publish their earnings report this week, according to foot traffic analytics firm Placer.ai.
- Best Buy Co Inc (NYSE: BBY) is scheduled to report second quarter results Tuesday morning.
- According to Placer.ai, Best Buy saw a 3.7% increase in July foot traffic versus the same month in 2019.
- The momentum is sustaining as weekly visits were up 6.8% for the week of August 2 versus the same week in 2019.
- Nordstrom, Inc. (NYSE: JWN) will report Q2 results Tuesday evening.
- According to Placer.ai, foot traffic was down 4.6% last month versus the pre-pandemic levels.
- Customers also spent 18.4% less time on average at Nordstrom stores in July compared to the 2019 equivalent.
Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (NYSE: DKS) will report Q2 results Wednesday morning.
- According to Placer.ai, monthly foot traffic at the sporting goods retailer has sustained above 2019 levels since March.
- Visits to Dick’s Sporting Goods stores were up 13.1% in July versus the pre-pandemic equivalent.
- However, recent trends mark a slowdown from April when foot traffic was up 16.7% compared to the 2019 levels.
- Ulta Beauty Inc (NASDAQ: ULTA) will report its Q2 results Wednesday evening.
- According to Placer.ai, monthly visits to the beauty store topped pre-pandemic levels by 20.6% last month.
- This marks an acceleration from 8.8% growth in April, 10.1% in May, and 6.4% in June.
- Burlington Stores Inc (NYSE: BURL) will report Q2 results Thursday morning.
- According to Placer.ai, foot traffic at Burlington stores in July was 25.4% higher than the 2019 equivalent.
- Customers who visited Burlington at least twice between May and July climbed by 23.7% from the pre-pandemic levels.
- Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR) is scheduled to report Q2 results Thursday morning.
- According to Placer.ai, in the past two months, foot traffic at Dollar Tree jumped 10.1% and 19.3%, respectively, from the comparable months of 2019.
- The American chain of discount variety stores plans on opening 600 new Dollar Tree stores this year and another 200 new stores for its subsidiary, Family Dollar.
- Dollar General Corp. (NYSE: DG) will report Q2 results Thursday morning.
- According to Placer.ai, monthly visits to Dollar General were up 20.2%, 25.3%, and 32.5% in May, June, and July, compared to the 2019 equivalents.
- Between May and July, visits to Dollar General per customer were up 8.7% on a year-over-two-year basis.
- Big Lots Inc (NYSE: BIG) is scheduled to report Q2 results Friday morning.
- According to Placer.ai, monthly visits to Big Lots compared to the 2019 levels were up 3.6% and 3.5%, respectively, in June and July.
- The Ohio-headquartered retail firm plans on expanding its footprint with 21 new stores in 2021.