Coupa Software shares tanked 30% on disappointing guidance
Coupa Software Inc (NASDAQ: COUP) shares tanked nearly 30% in extended trading on Monday after the San Mateo-headquartered company’s future guidance came in shy of Wall Street expectations.
Coupa Software Q4 highlightsCopy link to section
- Quarterly loss widened to $96 million versus the year-ago figure of $61.4 million.
- On a per-share basis, Coupa lost $1.29 a share, up from 85 cents a share last year.
- Adjusted EPS printed at 19 cents a share, as per the earnings press release.
- Revenue jumped 18% to $193.3 million – ahead of the FactSet consensus.
- Calculated billings in fiscal Q4 were up 18% on a year-over-year basis.
- Operating cash flow stood at positive $64.2 million.
Including the after-hours price action, Coupa stock is now over 60% year-to-date.
Coupa Software future outlookCopy link to section
For the current quarter, Coupa forecasts its revenue to fall in the range of $189 million to $191 million on 3 to 6 cents of adjusted EPS. In comparison, analysts were at $196.1 million in Q1 revenue on 5 cents of adjusted earnings per share.
Its full-year guidance was also well-below the Street expectations. In the earnings press release, CEO Rob Bernshteyn said:
We finished the fiscal year strong, delivering record revenue and free cash flow in Q4. During fiscal 2022, we grew new business in excess of 60%, which we define as new recurring revenue from new customer logos and add-on transactions, driven by our core business and integration of acquired assets.
Copy expert traders easily with eToro. Invest in stocks like Tesla & Apple. Instantly trade ETFs like FTSE 100 & S&P 500. Sign-up in minutes.
Looking to invest?
Invest and trade CFD stocks, ETFs, digital assets & commodities in minutes with our highest-rated broker.
77% of retail CFD accounts lose money.
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis? Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.