- Land Betterment Corporation has embarked on raising funds for impact-focused start-ups
- The firm rehabilitates old coal mining sites and establishes sustainable initiatives for the local communities
- Interested parties can invest in the cause through Fundopolis, a crowdfunding platform.
Environmental solutions company Land Betterment Corporation has embarked on raising funds using a crowdfunding platform known as Fundopolis. Land Betterment Corporation or simply ‘Land Betterment’ is an impact-driven company focused on upcycling old coal mining sites to foster community development and sustainability through job creation.
Institutional and individual investors can take part in the firm’s noble cause by visiting Land Betterment’s raise on Fundopolis.com.
Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis? Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.
The company has been operational for more than ten years now and over time, its management has established a sound solutions-based lifecycle program to assist in reinstating un-reclaimed and neglected coal mining grounds throughout Southern Indiana and Central Appalachia.
Land Betterment rehabilitates the depleted coal sites to states that can be utilized by the locals.
As the United States is fast moving away from coal-based fuels, Central Appalachia is growing into a major impact region. And with more preservation of natural resources, local communities are left disproportionately suffering from a lack of economic opportunities and jobs.
The funds that will be raised on Fundopolis together with Federal, state and local government initiatives will be channelled towards the scaling of the firm’s two core business lines:
- The Environmental Solutions Unit charged with generating service revenue for cleaning and eliminating environmental hazards from disturbed land previous or currently used by miners, reclaiming surety firms as well as state agencies.
- Sustainable Development Unit which is responsible for creating job opportunities from sustainable enterprises established on the upscaled land.
Land Betterment Executive Chairman Mark Jensen commented on their crowdfunding initiative saying: “Offering our initial growth capital raise to “Main Street” through a crowdfunding platform such as Fundopolis, holds true to what Land Betterment is all about.”
“Being a community-based company, it is important for us to create this initial opportunity to take ownership in creating change in areas in need of real solutions due to the decline of thermal coal. We are honoured to stand side-by-side with those who share our passion and vision of efficiently advancing improvements to the environment and local communities.”
Fundopolis aims at helping investors support small businesses that they are passionate about. The crowdfunding site prides itself in high transparency standards regarding how the fundraising process works and how the funds are disbursed.
Commenting on Land Betterment’s initiative, Fundopolis’s founder and president Jan Steenbrugge expressed confidence in the former’s cause.
“We are proud and honoured to support Land Betterment’s campaign and hope that by giving them access to the capital they need, Land Betterment will thrive,” Steenbrugge noted.