Splinterlands’ $4M node license presale sells out in minutes

By: Benson Toti
Benson Toti
Benson is a News Reporter at Invezz handling breaking news, interviews and market analysis. He made his first investment… read more.
on May 26, 2022
  • The presale lasted only 11 minutes, with 2000 nodes licenses sold.
  • The sale saw nearly 14.5 million SPS burned and 3.6 million sent to the DAO.
  • A public sale for the node licenses is on, with 80% of SPS burned and 20% added to the DAO.

Splinterlands, the blockchain game that has topped the charts as the most played game over the last 10 months, picked another milestone when its validator nodes presale sold out within minutes.

According to details about the sale shared with Invezz, the games’ validator licenses sold out in 11 minutes, with 2000 licenses sold in a flash as interest in the blockbuster shot up.

Are you looking for fast-news, hot-tips and market analysis? Sign-up for the Invezz newsletter, today.

With roughly 14.5 million SPS tokens burned and 1 million vouchers or about 3.6 million SPS sent to the DAO, the sale accounted for approximately $4 million.

Node licenses allow users to get SPS, the platform’s governance token, as they opt to run the free node software.

Licenses are currently available via a public sale and 80% of the SPS used in the purchases is immediately burnt, while the remaining 20% goes to the DAO.

Liam Labistour, Splinterlands’ Director of Growth said:

These burn mechanics will put tremendous deflationary pressure on SPS, which will be quite revolutionary of a concept to the blockchain gaming vertical.”

SPS currently trades around $0.095, about 10% down in the past 24 hours. The token hit an all-time high of $1.07 in July 2021.

Invest in crypto, stocks, ETFs & more in minutes with our preferred broker, Capital.com
9.3/10
75.26% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.